Supplier not delivering goods as agreedi

Options
I placed an order with another small business for some hair products a few months ago, with the agreed delivery date to be beginning of December. I paid a deposit and then they confirmed that they would be despatching the products earlier in mid November so I paid the balance in full, as it was agreed to pay before goods are despatched. I kept then being told they waiting for this and that which has caused a delay in production, which meant I have been constantly chasing to find out when I will be getting my goods.

Today I received two thirds of the order, and still no definite date when I will receive the rest. These are gift boxes which I need to send out by next Friday, as I advertised they would be despatched to arrive before Christmas. The supplier has been made aware of my deadline, as I need to pack the boxes which takes an age as its over 300 boxes. The supplier just keeps fobbing me off and I need to make sure I get these products or I will potentially have to refund alot of people and have my business reputation in tatters.

Is there any recourse or legal action I can threaten them with? Really desperate to get this sorted but dont know how else to get through to the supplier who seems not to be bothered.

Comments

• 00ec25
    00ec25 Posts: 9,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 7 December 2019 at 7:32PM
    Options
    you have the beginnings of a legal dispute. You are business to business so there is no other recourse. You cannot force the supplier to do anything, you can wait for the supplier to breach whatever order terms you and they agreed (in writing preferably) and then sue them for financial compensation

your financial compensation may include you claiming for the costs of having to buy an identical (similar) product from another supplier at (presumably) a higher cost than this supplier was charging

whether a court would award you such additional costs over and above the straight refund of what you paid, but have not received, will come down to what the terms and conditions of your contract say on the matter of non performance.

it is business to business, it carries risks, if they arise you resolve them by enforcing your contract
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure