Ex Employer wont pay redundancy

Options
Hello
I was made redundant in Dec 2018 . For 3 months prior to being made redundant i was not paid by my employer along wiith another work mate since the end of september and was relying on savings to get by. My employer reasured us we would get paid but it never happened and at the start of dec we were both stood down and told we would not be paid for the final 3 weeks. During those 3 weeks the company was moved from Newcastle to yorkshire and the md set up a cva to pay us our redundancy and all wages owed. When the cva was almost finalised the company withdrew from the cva and the md told me i should seek legal advice. Well i took his advice and took him to a tribunal but he did not show up. The judge ruled in our favour and after attempt after attempt to try to get him to pay up my work mate finally made contact with him.
In the conversation he basically said that he wasnt going to pay and that we could send the bailiffs but they would get nothing. He said he had washed his hands off everything and wished him the best for the future.
I would like to add that this md has liquidated a good number of companies and indeed in june of 2018 he liquidated one of his many companies erasing a good deal of debt. Now that he was in yorkshire it was all over in his mind . I later found out that rather than attend the tribunal he was changing company names around ie swapping company A with company B . This was an attempt to hide the company assets . A quick look at companies house revealed more than £140,000.00 in assets but hes managed to fool bailiffs with this name change that others have sent.I would like to also say that this md took our pension contributions also and did not pay them in to the peoples pension.
At the moment i have applied to name and shame him into paying whereby he has 28 days to pay or faces being named by the government and also fined up to £5,000.
If this fails i dont know what to do next as hes quite good at convincing bailiffs he has nothing.
I really dont know what to do as i face loosing quite a large sum of money.
Can anyone offer any advice or share their experiences.
thank you.

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Cant really offer any advice, I'm sure other posters more knowledgeable will be along to offer advice.

Awful position to be in, I do hope you get whats owed.
  • Vegastare
    Vegastare Posts: 998 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    This might help

If your employer goes bust and no other employer steps in to buy the business from the insolvency administrator, you will normally be made redundant. If your employer is insolvent there may not be enough funds available to make redundancy payments. However, you can claim payments from the National Insurance fund up to a set maximum to cover your redundancy payment, your unpaid wages, accrued holiday pay and notice pay.
    Claims must be made to the Insolvency Service. You can find out more about how to make a claim on the GOV.UK website.
    There is also a government-run Redundancy Payments Helpline you can call on 0330 331 0020 (lines are open 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure