M&S 'Party in' for £10 from 29th - 31st Dec

Options

Comments

• competitionscafe
    Options
    I soooooooooo wanted the mini melt in the middle chocolate sweet thingys to be included in this, guess I'll just have to lash out and buy them :j

You could do some homemade ones ;)
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1353255
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • YOUNGE1
    YOUNGE1 Posts: 367 Forumite
    Options
    Just back from M and S- loads of stock- one whole fridge side and 5 ends full of party stock!

Got all I wanted- should have been £4.99 each- toad in hole, chicken satay skewers, bacon and pea frittata, salmon encroute, salmon and cheese bagels and mini pies with 2 bottles of £5.99 merlot so a saving of £22. The most expensive thing I could see was £6.99 salmon shots- bits of salmon on lemon mousse x6. I thought they looked nice but hubby didn't fancy so we compromised with salmon en croute.

would not have paid full price but a very good deal for £10 per deal.

Shaping up to be a good NY eve!!! Still have Brut form the last deal!
  • Silver29
    Options
    Basildon M&S had a fair amount of stock (about half of that listed). I got 6 party nibbles packs (RRP ranging from £3.99 to £5.49) and 2 bottles of Cava. My bill said I saved £19.42 so worked out around half price!

My best bargain from the food hall was the chocolate quiz games - Britains got talent and Mr & Mrs. These were reduced to £1 and still worked on the 3 for 2 offer so I paid £2 for 3 games that originally cost £2.99 or £3.99 each (I can't remember what they were). The best before date was March.
  • suzi_69
    suzi_69 Posts: 506 Forumite
    Options
    I went to the Trafford Centre store around 11am this morning & was quite disappointed. They didn't have any of the choices I had picked out of the list.

When we originally arrived, there were only 3 end fridges with party food in & not much choice, at that! The SA were just putting the shelf edge signs on a 4th end fridge, so I hung around for a bit then asked a SA if they were bringing any more out. She went away & asked, then came back & said that "they were very busy stocking up after the weekend" & might put some out later, but wouldn't say what or when. She just advised me to come back in the afternoon! But we decided to take the best of a bad bunch then, incase when we came back, there wasn't any more out.

I got the Salmon Bagels, Scallop Rostis & a Party Selection pack, which, along with a bottle of nice Red, saved £10.96 - bargain! Just wished they'd had more seafood or the "Mini" items - they'd only had the Chicken Keivs or Salmon En Croute. I really, really wanted the Mini Steak & Ale pies, the Scallop Coq St Jacques or the Mini Beef Wellingtons. And I wouldn't have minded some of the seafood dishes or even the mushroom rissotto cakes, but none to be seen. Nor were there any of the yummy "melt in the middle" chocolate puds, which I was gonna push the boat out to buy on top of the deal! Gutted!

All in all, I think there was less than a third of the items listed. I know that the stores can't stock all the alternatives, but I thought that there might have been a better selection in this store, they usually have the majority of them.

Oh, we did pop back into the Food section on the way back to the car & they had filled the 4th fridge but only added a couple of extra selections, like the sausage rolls & cocktail sausages, but there was one half of a shelf completely empty, so it looked like we'd missed something good! There were no shelf edge labels, so we couldn't suss out what it was.

Has anyone been to the Market Street branch in Manchester City Centre? I was contemplating dashing down in my lunch hour tomorrow, but its a bit of a trek & with only an hour, its really pushing it to make it back on time! If anyone can let me know if its worth it (ie: what did they have!)

Thanks, in advance!

Suzi ;0)
    Everything I wanna do is either illegal, immoral or fattening! lol :rotfl:
  • Redbedhead
    Redbedhead Posts: 1,131 Forumite
    Options
    The M & S in Kingston, Milton Keynes had quite a good selection first thing this morning of food but not of the wine, in fact I could only find the Cava.

We got the brie and cranberry parcels, duck spring rolls, oriental chicken selection, Indian selection, mushroom & spinach filo parcels and mushroom risotto balls. Should mean a nice night in for New Years Eve!
    MFIT No. 81
  • KTFOXY
    KTFOXY Posts: 49 Forumite
    Options
    There was a good selection in Chestr store today. Much of the stufff is OK to freeze and it's not all "party food" There were packs of haddock goujons, lemon sole goujons and scampi which is fine for dinner. Whilst I was in there I also spotted boxes of florentines reduced from £4.95 a pack to £1.50 and they're OK until July. There's also offers on some of the bottles of champagne cocktails which are now down from £2.99 to £1.99. Then of course if you buy 6 and you get 10% off!
  • competitionscafe
    Options
    When I popped in on Saturday all the Xmas stuff was half price - Stollen, Lebchuken (spelling?) biscuits, posh chocolates etc - worth a quick look if you are in there anyway.
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • KTFOXY
    KTFOXY Posts: 49 Forumite
    Options
    Just been into Chester store and noticed that some of the packs of party food were marked up as 4 for the price of 3 and were included in the £10 offer. They didn't go through as 4 for 3 and on the £10 offer, but a quick trip to the customer service desk and they refunded the cost of the 4th pack. So 4 packs of Scallop and prawn baskets and a bottle of cava for a tenner a £17.45 saving!!
  • BettiePage
    BettiePage Posts: 4,627 Forumite
    Options
    Got 2 sets one with wine and one with cava. All set for tomorrow night at my friends in N.Yorks. Just need to remember to take them with me, lol.
    Illegitimi non carborundum.
  • waddy80
    waddy80 Posts: 1,157 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Very happy with all the selections in the chesterfield store today. They had an entire chiller full. I got some mini toad in the hole, 18 piece indian selection, dip multipack (tesco's had run out!) and a cava. We have anything between 6 - 40 people coming round tomorrow so the extra food will come in handy!!
    Money, money, money, must be funny....in a rich mans world.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure