M&S 'Party in' for £10 from 29th - 31st Dec

Options

Comments

• silverchair
    Options
    Just come back from Bromley
    They didnt have the beef wellies or lobster spoons, but they had pretty much everything else. So overall quite pleased with the selection
    Must say though, they ran out of the cava. I got the last bottle & the SA said they had loads of it before. This was around 3ish.
  • MIMI123_2
    Options
    alisont wrote: »
    Wish they had the vegetable Indian snack selection included as Im vegan and can only eat that and the veggie Oriental selection:confused:
    they do, i got a pack today. (got the indian selection)
  • myrtle_2
    myrtle_2 Posts: 501 Forumite
    Options
    rubbish in Hudds...very little to select from so didn't bother...
  • YOUNGE1
    YOUNGE1 Posts: 367 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all

anyone who missed out on this- don't worry.

We had 6 of the party foods and they averaged from just OK (mini pies) to disgusting (pea/bacon frittatas). Salmon en croute I got had only creamy filling- no salmon. Mini toad in hole wasn't great either and came with enough gravy for only two or three pieces.

Not impressed. Frankly I was embarassed to serve it to my friends. Luckily I also had some Iceland party food which was far superior. I had been expecting much better from m and s. It certainly looked better on tv.

Needless to say the M and S food was mostly left.
    A complete waste of money. This was not just M and S food, it was disgusting. This was not their usual standard and was obviously just bought in for this promotion.
  • anteena1
    anteena1 Posts: 914 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    i got the vegetatian filo tarts which were lovely
    1 pack of sausage wrapped in bacon and a pack of their chicken breast kebabs which were in tikka tandoori seasoning these were well worth the deal with the cava
    • I came, I saw, I conquered :j
  • suzi_69
    suzi_69 Posts: 506 Forumite
    Options
    I'm unhappy to say that I have to echo Younge1 - I was extremely disappointed. Luckily, I was only cooking it for me & DH (who had man-flu, so nothing would have been good enough!) But I was only happy with one item, the Scallop Chorizo Rostis. The party selection pack was frankly disgusting! The sausage rolls had grey "gristle" in the middle & I've never had anything like the bacon balls before! Cheap, nasty & not to M&S usual standards. I didn't care much for the Salmon bagels, either.

In the last couple of weeks, I've been fortunate to try Asda & Tesco party food, some which were only £1 a pack (none more than £2!) & they were all far superior to these.

I was speaking to friends at work today who had also had the Iceland party food & they were impressed by the value, too. Think I'll be trying there next time! Their chicken & chorizo kebabs sounded yummy & so did the king prawns.

I think its something to chalk up to experience, but its certainly made me think twice about shelling out for M&S in future - I've always considered it to be worth it, but not this time!
    Everything I wanna do is either illegal, immoral or fattening! lol :rotfl:
  • Amberbunny
    Options
    We ate 3 packs last night and they were nice (all veggie ones) but have just gone to cook 3 more packs and one of the cheese and garlic bites is mouldy!
    Not what you would expect from M&S.
  • nuttywoman
    nuttywoman Posts: 2,203 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Must admit i was`nt impressed with the toad in hole either!
  • dazzle21
    dazzle21 Posts: 1,962 Forumite
    Options
    I'm glad it wasn't just me who was disappointed with the food from the deal, the scallop and chorizo with rostis was disappointing, the party selection no better than tesco value and the third one i have stuck in the freezer for a day when we are desperate (that was the duck spring rolls) tbh i wish i'd gone to Iceland! really not what you expect from m&s. Bring back dine in for £10 and the oakham chickens!
    August: £149/£150

Sept: £200
  • annabelinda_2
    Options
    agree with other posters. we bought 2 lots (scallops, smoked salmon and indian selection) but had extra visitors so went to Iceland as it was the only shop open and bought one of their Indian snack selction packs. I have to say I was really impressed. Pakora, samosa and onion bhajie enough for even our hungry snowboarders.tasty too and no trouble to prepare as they just got popped in oven.M&S selections ok but nothing special! Iceland 5/5 M&S 2/5
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure