Gas installer Belfast

Options

Comments

• Bigcammy
    Bigcammy Posts: 1,099 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thinking about it, so can I have the recommendations and avoidances too please? Ta!
    Norn Iron Club Member No. 252 :beer:
  • caz2703
    caz2703 Posts: 3,630 Forumite
    Options
    Bigcammy wrote: »
    Thinking about it, so can I have the recommendations and avoidances too please? Ta!

PM on who to avoid sent :beer:
  • Ex-Spendaholic
    Ex-Spendaholic Posts: 1,766 Forumite
    Options
    PMd both of you
  • Bigcammy
    Bigcammy Posts: 1,099 Forumite
    Options
    Got all the PMs, much appreciated, thanks!
    Norn Iron Club Member No. 252 :beer:
  • bigal75
    bigal75 Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Bigcammy wrote: »

Can you DM me this the list please?

Whats a rough cost for a 3 bedroom semi to change from oil to gas?
  • Ex-Spendaholic
    Ex-Spendaholic Posts: 1,766 Forumite
    Options
    Sent you a PM Bigal. :)
  • warmhands.coldheart
    Options
    I'm doing a full re-fit to include conversion from Oil to Gas, full underfloor heating to ground floor and radiators upstairs. I've had 8 plumbers (all Gas Safe registered) out to get quote. 2 got back to me (and I chased all for weeks to get a price) so much for a recession.... was exactly the same when it came to builders to do the structural work..... weeks wentr by and not a peep from them... after much chasing to all concerned, got one rely and you would have thought he was pricing to re-build the house from scratch.....
    Eventually got a local builder/decorator to do some of the "trickier" stuff and doing all the donkey work myself at weekends. Yess it will take longer to do but if anyone ever says to me that the poor construction sector is struggling they will get a piece of my mind.... I don't think the poor construction workers are doing themselves much of a service from my experience.....
  • D.A.
    D.A. Posts: 1,159 Forumite
    Options
    Business and tradespeople in general in NI aren't doing themselves any favours. The number of them who have websites but who never bother to respond to emails or contact forms is ridiculous.

Note to tradesmen - the whole point of having a website is so that potential customers can contact you through it so you can get work so that you can pay your bills.
  • warmhands.coldheart
    Options
    Another thing I've noticed about tradesmen (Not all granted as I have found a few good ones now at last) is that they don't seem to like it when you ask too many questions about how they are going to do things or make suggestions about how you want something done.... I'm no thicko when it comes to a lot of building stuff (I've an Engineering Degree) but I found when I've questioned a lot of these trades guys or made suggestions they don't seem to like it.... Maybe that's why they didn't get back to me..... they knew they couldn't rip me off or get away with shoddy workmanship!.......
  • OneStepBeyond
    Options
    Thought it was just me tradesmen didn't get back too!!! Hope to renovate family home but trying to get good reliable tradesmen makes me wonder if its worth the hassle!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback