Praise wool filled duvets

Options
Ok so I am 'a woman of a certain age' and despite a 1tog quilt over the last few years, I have melted most nights.
So I did tons of research before deciding on a wool filled quilt.
I bought mine from https://www.baavet.co.uk/wool-duvet

Because of a 30 day full refund. But other suppliers are available. They do cost a lot, but mine is probably never going to be parted from me til I'm dead and maybe not then either.
Not had it long but I do so love it. Made a huge difference to my nights.
63 mortgage payments to go.

Zero wins 2016 😥

Comments

• daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,527 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Had ours years and will never change it. Lightweight but as warm as duck and down which can be bulky.

You can understand why sheep choose it for their coats!
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,761 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Do they work when your body alternates between too hot then getting cold as soon as you throw the duvet off?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • missprice
    missprice Posts: 3,735 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 10 October 2019 at 5:18AM
    Options
    elsien wrote: »
    Do they work when your body alternates between too hot then getting cold as soon as you throw the duvet off?

Yup. That's why I have posted here. It wicks away the sweat apparently. I'm no expert but I dithered for so long between silk filled and wool filled (because of the cost) have had mine a bit over 2 weeks and it's true that it wicks it away.
    I haven't been doing that quilt on/off/arm out/ on/leg out/off thing which means I just slept. It's a miracle. :D

ETA the company I used, baavet, have a "baargain box" where slight seconds will be priced lower and still the 30 day money back offer even on seconds. Which is why I used them. Still there are other retailers.

Zero wins 2016 😥
  • GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 24,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Forgive me, please, but you posted that at 5am. So, this idea that you 'just sleep' with the wool duvet- how come you are awake now? As am I, by the way.

I like the idea of not parting with the duvet when you die - a woollen shroud. Why not?
    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • missprice
    Options
    GDB2222 wrote: »
    Forgive me, please, but you posted that at 5am. So, this idea that you 'just sleep' with the wool duvet- how come you are awake now? As am I, by the way.

I like the idea of not parting with the duvet when you die - a woollen shroud. Why not?

Sadly for me I have to get up at half 4 for work. It's a killer.
    Makes it even more important that I sleep tho.

Zero wins 2016 😥
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,094 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Does it have any smell?

(I once bought a goose down pillow that had a vomit inducing smell even after washing and had to go back to the shop)
  • missprice
    Options
    I have the worst cold ever in history and cant smell a thing, or hear. So I asked he who must never be obeyed and no it doesn't. It cant smell much because the day it came I put it on the bed and didn't tell him. Just to see if he would notice, he didnt.

Zero wins 2016 😥
  • ag369
    ag369 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    I bought my first woolen duvet (Baavets as well) quite a few years ago b/c of athritic pain, loved it, but son kept "borrowing it" because he loved it too, so I had to buy myself another one. Whole family loves these duvets now. We used to have silk filled ones for summer, use them for other things now, as the wool one is fantastic all year round. Son used to be soaked in sweat before he changed to wool. Not anymore, so wicking seems to work.
    When the sun is out I sometimes hang it out to "refresh", and it is like brand new afterwards, although they are a few years old now. I will never go back to anything else,
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    lol, I have this problem. Anything I buy to help with arthritis problems, I know it will be at least two weeks before I actually get to use it. Just bought a heated fleece blanket, its upstairs on my son's bed lol. Reclining armchair, I couldn't get him out of the darned thing lol. Foot massager, spent more time upstairs than down, but just been able to reclaim it.

Not helping my efforts to deal with arthritis discomfort with minimal painkillers lol.

I really can't wait for him to get old enough to have his own children. I am going to spend most of the next 20 years with a permanent grin.
  • mrsjanebanbury2009
    Options
    Sounds fantastic. Which weight did you get?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure