Shell/First Utility - Smart Thermostat Issues

Options
Hi All,

I did a search beforehand but couldn't find anyone else with this issue so thought I'd start a new thread.

I have been a First Utility customer for a number of years and transferred over to Shell when they were acquired. A few years ago First offered me a new tariff with a "smart" Cosy thermostat included (with installation included). When my tariff expired in March this year, it was now Shell and they offered me a new tariff with a Nest thermostat. The Cosy was having a number of issues with software being really buggy, so a Nest seemed like a good idea. I naively assumed Shell would have known they (First) had previously installed (hard wired) in a Cosy and would have to swap it out. Months went by without the Nest arriving, every time I chased they'd say there was a link in an email I didn't have. Last month I finally got my hands on the Nest, but First/Shell keep ignoring my question about swapping them out. The Cosy is hard wired into the boiler, so I can't use the Nest system at the moment.

More than 6 months after taking out this new tariff I'm at a loss. Emails and calls go nowhere, I get holding emails saying they will respond and then crickets. One person said I might be able to pay to have them come and swap the thermostats out, I explained how unreasonable that was, she said she'd refer it, and then simply sent them a note asking for the price. That was 6 weeks ago and still nothing.

Shell have become almost impossible to speak to, they have removed all the customer services numbers from their website. I have taken to calling corp headquarters and asking to me transferred, but then ultimately the CS team have no answers.

Anyone else suffering with the same issues?

Thanks

Becky

Comments

• EnergyRookie
    Options
    Hi All,

I did a search beforehand but couldn't find anyone else with this issue so thought I'd start a new thread.

I have been a First Utility customer for a number of years and transferred over to Shell when they were acquired. A few years ago First offered me a new tariff with a "smart" Cosy thermostat included (with installation included). When my tariff expired in March this year, it was now Shell and they offered me a new tariff with a Nest thermostat. The Cosy was having a number of issues with software being really buggy, so a Nest seemed like a good idea. I naively assumed Shell would have known they (First) had previously installed (hard wired) in a Cosy and would have to swap it out. Months went by without the Nest arriving, every time I chased they'd say there was a link in an email I didn't have. Last month I finally got my hands on the Nest, but First/Shell keep ignoring my question about swapping them out. The Cosy is hard wired into the boiler, so I can't use the Nest system at the moment.

More than 6 months after taking out this new tariff I'm at a loss. Emails and calls go nowhere, I get holding emails saying they will respond and then crickets. One person said I might be able to pay to have them come and swap the thermostats out, I explained how unreasonable that was, she said she'd refer it, and then simply sent them a note asking for the price. That was 6 weeks ago and still nothing.

Shell have become almost impossible to speak to, they have removed all the customer services numbers from their website. I have taken to calling corp headquarters and asking to me transferred, but then ultimately the CS team have no answers.

Anyone else suffering with the same issues?

Thanks

Becky
    • Shell Energy Customers

For all queries related to Shell Energy please get in touch with our Shell Energy Retail team:
      Chat with a virtual assistant about Shell Energy: https://www.shellenergy.co.uk/contact-us
      To speak to us about energy, call us on 0330 094 5800, 8am to 6.30pm weekdays and 9am to 4pm on Saturdays.
    https://www.shell.co.uk/about-us/contact-us.html

:cool:
  • beckyblondon83
    Options
    Thanks @EnergyRookie, I did actually get a callback from their Customer Services team after my last email. I'm not yet sure if I have a resolution yet unfortunately.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure