Is more than one bank account better?

Options

Comments

• msallen
    msallen Posts: 1,494 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Don't be so hard on him/her/it Richey. They managed to set a brand new record for getting on my ignore list so quickly after creating their account.
  • Richey_
    Richey_ Posts: 334 Forumite
    Options
    msallen wrote: »
    Don't be so hard on him/her/it Richey. They managed to set a brand new record for getting on my ignore list so quickly after creating their account.

You are making me feel mean now!
    I suppose everybody has the right to dream.........
    Who are we to pop their bubbles and say it’s not true.
    It must be tough having to change your name to escape debt, then becoming a millionaire very quickly. Anything’s possible I suppose when you live in Narnia

:rotfl: :j. :A
  • gettinnerdy
    Options
    Lloyd’s Bank
    If you think being called a troll on private message is abusive, god help you if someone called you something in a pub on Friday night lol
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    We’ve banked with Barclays for over 30 years and, all in all, they’ve been good. As for kaperski, well, the good old US of A have just banned all government departments from using it because they fear links with the Russian government. I certainly wouldn’t use it.

The only links the Russians want with the US are already inside the White House.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    In a recent forum poll, a staggering 80% voted that Lloyds is better than barclays.

Lloyds has 3.1k likes on Facebook where barclays has over 6k.

Why does barclays get so much more bad press? Or is it just because they are a bigger bank with more customers so therefore more people to complain about them?

IMO, their app is miles ahead of any other banking apps and has been for the last 7 years
    Perhaps you might have considered declaring your interest before praising them....
    I also work at Barclays
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    eskbanker wrote: »
    Perhaps you might have considered declaring your interest before praising them....
    ...an interesting point.
    badger09 wrote: »
    I wonder if lincsvape is in any way:cool: related to gettinnerdy
    lincsvape wrote: »
    Update: opened my barclays premier account this evening - thank you
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • Broadwood
    Options

Pros:
    Good online banking and phone app product;
    Free Kaspersky antivirus for PC and phone;
    I can do just about everything I want to do online but personal bankers in branch have always been able to resolve any (very occasional) issues.

Cons:
    Low interest rates on savings accounts;
    Call centre (though I’ve found their secure message response to be good on the odd occasion I’ve used it).

Seems the free Kaspersky antivirus software offer has been suspended if not pulled for good.

https://www.barclays.co.uk/security/free-kaspersky-internet-security/
    Never trust a financial institution.

Still studying at the University of Life.
  • Wellard_Mann
    Options
    Broadwood wrote: »
    Seems the free Kaspersky antivirus software offer has been suspended if not pulled for good.

https://www.barclays.co.uk/security/free-kaspersky-internet-security/

I just saw that too. I looked at the Barclays website after seeing the BBC News website this morning. Whilst the statement from the Cyber Security Centre makes it clear that they are not recommending the general public to stop using the product and the last thing they want is for people to panic and uninstall the product, I can understand Barclays being cautious. As for me personally, whilst I’ve been using the product for years on the original recommendation of a colleague in the industry – paying for it before Barclays made it freely available to customers – I guess it’s time for a rethink as this story develops.
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Barclays are an awful bank. If it weren’t for the £500 fee free student overdraft I have with them and wouldn’t get elsewhere I would be off.
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Mrs_Ryan wrote: »
    Barclays are an awful bank. If it weren’t for the £500 fee free student overdraft I have with them and wouldn’t get elsewhere I would be off.
    So they're lending you money when nobody else will? Atrocious behaviour....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure