Noddle says lived at an address have never set foot in. How?

The wife has just done a noddle search.

We can understand it saying she's at an old address of hers, but it's saying she had history at an address that she's never set foot in & none of her family live at.

She lived at an address until about 2005 in Scotland. Her family then moved to a new address but she was never registered there as she moved down to England to live with us.

Listed is her address that she was in until 2005, but also this rogue address.

It says "most recent source of link: callcredit" in 2011, as well as Santander cards UK in 2006, yet the only time she ever registered with Santander was around 2010/2011.

She also apparently has a credit card against her name - Lender: Barclaycard. Updated 28-Feb-2013.
She's not aware of this card as she thought she'd closed down all credit cards.
How do we (she) find out details of this account?

Comments

• W.Ford
    W.Ford Posts: 62 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    You could raise a question with noddle, they still had me down as living with an ex from 7yrs ago, I disputed it online and they resolved quickly and posted a letter out confirming their mistake.
  • Nine_Lives
    Nine_Lives Posts: 3,031 Forumite
    Raise it on both counts (the address AND the barclaycard thing?) Is there any way she can find out what this barclaycard account is other than with noddle, or will noddle have the answer?

I did a report for myself - in one section of the report, they've given me a middle initial (same as the first letter of my forename) for some reason (unless this is something they do with everyone on this section). I don't have a middle name.

I had a look at disputing it, but they want proof from a "local authority". Who do i need to go see? The police?!
  • UsetheFORCE
    UsetheFORCE Posts: 688 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Nine_Lives wrote: »
    Raise it on both counts (the address AND the barclaycard thing?) Is there any way she can find out what this barclaycard account is other than with noddle, or will noddle have the answer?

I did a report for myself - in one section of the report, they've given me a middle initial (same as the first letter of my forename) for some reason (unless this is something they do with everyone on this section). I don't have a middle name.

I had a look at disputing it, but they want proof from a "local authority". Who do i need to go see? The police?!

"local authority", i.e. your council where you live... i.e. electoral roll information.
    I have numerous qualifications in Business and Finance, Accountancy, Health and Safety and am now studying Law.

Don't rely on anything I write as it may be wrong!!!
  • purple.sarah
    purple.sarah Posts: 2,517 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker

Couldn't you send them a copy of your birth certificate or other id showing no middle name? Check with them if that would be acceptable.
  • Nine_Lives
    Hmm, looking on Equifax, it just states my first & last name, but clearly omits any middle initial.

If my name was Bob for example, Noddle are saying i am Bob B Surname. Equifax are just saying i'm Bob Surname. This is on the electrol roll section.

The missus has been trying to find details of a Barclaycard card. She found an envelope with a Barclaycard PO Box address on but no account details.
  • zerog
    zerog Posts: 2,478 Forumite
    Is it possible that your wife has been confused with someone who has the same name?
  • Hi

I had an incorrect address too. I informed noddle and they corrected it very quickly.

Good luck

HHx
  • gb12345
    gb12345 Posts: 3,055 Forumite
    She also apparently has a credit card against her name - Lender: Barclaycard. Updated 28-Feb-2013.
    She's not aware of this card as she thought she'd closed down all credit cards.

Did she ever have an Egg card? Egg's card business was transferred to Barclaycard in 2010/11.
  • a51_ufo
    a51_ufo Posts: 93 Forumite
    I also had an incorrect address which they soon corrected.
  • Nine_Lives
    zerog wrote: »
    Is it possible that your wife has been confused with someone who has the same name?
    Of course it is.

But the same name, including middle name, same DOB, living a few streets away? It's possible, but unlikely.

Regards the Barclaycard - she went into Barclays today. Apparently it was marked up (the account). It should've been closed down in 2011, but they couldn't officially close it as she was apparently 75p in credit. Got it sorted out though & the account has now been closed.

So a free credit check has earned her 75p :rotfl:

Noddle gives her a 4/5 rating though but i'm only 3/5. I've never had any late payments, never been overdrawn. Never anything i would consider negative, so not sure why i'm only 3/5. I've taken plenty of credit cards out over the years & always paid them off on time.

We closed our credit cards down in January as we'll be looking to buy a house this year. Read yesterday though that as far as credit ratings/scores go, this could've been a bad move..?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure