Barcelona hotels for families sub £75 a night?

Options
Looking for a family friendly hotel in Barcelona for late Oct, ideally for less than £75 a night.

So far I've found the Ibis Barcelona Central (Sagrada Familia) for £78 a night which looks reasonable enough and a good location too. Does anyone have any recommendations or other options?

Needs to sleep 3, with a private bathroom. Doesn't need to be luxurious but must be clean and in a safe area.

We'll mainly be visiting the nou camp (for a tour and hopefully a match so two visits), sagrada, magic fountains, parc guell and hopefully the beach/port and then on the cable cars if that helps with location.

Thanks
Lea :confused:

Comments

• bobwilson
    bobwilson Posts: 595 Forumite
    Options
    Considering your humble requirements, you might need to increase your budget a bit.. say by double?
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That Ibis seems pretty good.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • lea2012
    lea2012 Posts: 733 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks RichardW, yes it does look good and does fit the criteria really. I'm in two minds as a chain hotel could almost be anywhere but it also means we have an idea of what we will be getting.
    For 3 nights/4 days we won't be in the room much anyway so considering it's location I think it's the best we would get and a good option.
  • lea2012
    Options
    Apologies bobwilson, I didn't think my humble requests were over the top and have had several city breaks in Europe where we have managed to get a room for well under that price so thought it was worth asking . I haven't been to Barcelona for a few years and the last couple of times I went it was for work and all paid for, so my experience of Barcelona Hotel prices is a little bit lacking hence why I thought I'd ask. Unfortunately we'll be moving on from Barcelona to spend a few more days down the coast at Portaventura so the budget has to stretch a bit further to cover that too.
  • bobwilson
    Options
    lea2012 wrote: »
    my experience of Barcelona Hotel prices is a little bit lacking

Barcelona is an expensive & highly educated city compared to most in Spain. Where there is education in the world the prices are often (but not always) higher it seems
    lea2012 wrote: »
    Unfortunately we'll be moving on from Barcelona to spend a few more days down the coast at Portaventura..

That is unfortunate. These must be trying times. Stay strong :)
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have noticed hotel rates have fallen in recent times, with more hotels, more AirBnB and unfortunately a terrible incident that may have had an effect.

Some of the non chain hotels are closer to the night life or of the high end boutique type not really aiming at families. The Ibis is in a good location and you will know what you are getting. If the breakfast is not included or good value, then go out for breakfast.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • bobwilson
    Options
    richardw wrote: »
    I have noticed hotel rates have fallen in recent times, with more hotels, more AirBnB and unfortunately a terrible incident that may have had an effect.

How are hotel rates falling in any way unfortunate?

And what incident? Did something happen in Barcelona recently that I'm unaware of? (EDIT if you mean the wish to be separate from spain, I don't think that's anything new or would affect hotel rates- foreigners don't care so much about these things.. in fact people outside spain supported barcelona so there's no bad feeling there)
  • SavvySpaniel
    SavvySpaniel Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there,
    We stayed at Hostal Centric (it's a hotel not an actual hostal!) during the Easter holidays 2 years ago.
    We paid around £75 per night for a triple room. It was in a really good location for sightseeing and transport access. The whole place was very clean and the chap on reception was really helpful. You can either book direct on their website or via other well known hotel booking websites :-)
  • lea2012
    Options
    Thank you for that, I will take a look.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income