Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    LEJC wrote: »
    Can I have a little rant....

Apologies before I start to any estate agents or family of out there...but why do I have to deal with one who is like an over enthusiastic puppy with a toy?

We are in the process of buying something and its been going through since just after brexit....all seems smooth at the moment but there is still a way to go before completion...so why does he see the need to email daily for an update for his "vendor".....I've started to be a little short with my replies to his requests and that does seem to be abaiting him a little...so far its only been 2 emails this week...but there are only so many ways I can re phrase...."all is progressing and I dont feel the need to chase my solicitor today thank you!"

at this rate he's actually doing more harm by his interfering than good as there are issues that could become complicated if not dealt with via the correct procedures...something that he's totally overlooking at the moment....

rant over ...thank you x
    I'd tell him nicely that you're a busy lady, you aren't going to keep replying with no news and that when there is anything his vendor needs updating on, you will let him know immediately.
  • XxxX_2
    XxxX_2 Posts: 62 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone know if the 25% off wine deal is still on in Asda please.
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options
    There is a £10 off £75 code on vouchercodes for Twine.

Also Twine has a clearance but didn't see anything particularly good. No mystery boxes in stock at mo.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Can I have a little rant....

Apologies before I start to any estate agents or family of out there...but why do I have to deal with one who is like an over enthusiastic puppy with a toy?

We are in the process of buying something and its been going through since just after brexit....all seems smooth at the moment but there is still a way to go before completion...so why does he see the need to email daily for an update for his "vendor".....I've started to be a little short with my replies to his requests and that does seem to be abaiting him a little...so far its only been 2 emails this week...but there are only so many ways I can re phrase...."all is progressing and I dont feel the need to chase my solicitor today thank you!"

at this rate he's actually doing more harm by his interfering than good as there are issues that could become complicated if not dealt with via the correct procedures...something that he's totally overlooking at the moment....

rant over ...thank you x

and each time you chase the solicitor it adds to his bill - is this estate agent on commission from the solicitor?
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    There is a £10 off £75 code on vouchercodes for Twine.

Also Twine has a clearance but didn't see anything particularly good. No mystery boxes in stock at mo.
    Received my first mystery case (white) today:beer:
    1 bottle of prosecco, 4 that are listed at £10 1 at £12 and the rest at around £5 no obvious duds so a result I think:beer:

Any one in M&S they seem to be discontinuing random things in the spirits section with some good reductions.
    I did get 4 bottles of.................
    Shower gel!:rotfl:
    Imperial Leather Tropical Paradise body wash @20p each.
    I need more shower gel like I need a hole in the head, but it would have been rude not to buy at that price.
    250 ml size which is about right for holibobs!
    Also picked up a rather large Boots order so off to rearrange the stash before the grumpy old one gets home.
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :)

Ts - loads of RTC grocery things

Tilda long grain rice 500gs 57p
    Batchelors large tin marrowfat peas 21p
    loads of RTC yellow SELS

Can't think at the moment as I have a headache & have to wash my hair as it is driving me demented

:o:o
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Options
    hornetgirl wrote: »
    I'd tell him nicely that you're a busy lady, you aren't going to keep replying with no news and that when there is anything his vendor needs updating on, you will let him know immediately.

Thing is he's already had that several times...and quite honestly there is nothing for either party to do except wait on the solicitor checks etc....

part of the problem is he makes his own unrealistic timeframes for things then seems to kick off when that isn't achieved.....
    We know there will be a complication and have told him the correct procedure which unfortunately is a legal requirement but I am currently fending off his attempts to sort it his way with a rather unofficial "letter".

It's a shame really if he just let everyone get on with it things could move faster...but they were never going to be within the 4 weeks he initially told his "vendor"
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • LEJC
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    and each time you chase the solicitor it adds to his bill - is this estate agent on commission from the solicitor?
    He can chase our solicitor as much as he likes...she has done lots of work for us in the past and we are charged an all in rate...I think part of the problem as he see's it is that he can't get to speak to her as her secretary just tells him "it's progressing"...which it is.....

• hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Thing is he's already had that several times...and quite honestly there is nothing for either party to do except wait on the solicitor checks etc....

part of the problem is he makes his own unrealistic timeframes for things then seems to kick off when that isn't achieved.....
    We know there will be a complication and have told him the correct procedure which unfortunately is a legal requirement but I am currently fending off his attempts to sort it his way with a rather unofficial "letter".

It's a shame really if he just let everyone get on with it things could move faster...but they were never going to be within the 4 weeks he initially told his "vendor"
    In that case I'd tell him to pish off bothering you or you will pull out :D
  • LEJC
    Options
    HG....That thought crossed our mind too....thing is we quite like the place we are buying!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport