PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Help! Objections to planning permission

Options
13»

Comments

• teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 17 May 2017 at 3:16PM
    Options
    Here's the spot where they want to build.

It looks like maybe it was originally built as a terrace, then somebody knocked down one house to get to the back ...

https://s15.postimg.org/6lwkgiswr/Gap1.jpg

ai9wcidwc

I don't think this was the case. I think the houses were built with the separate pair of semis to fit the land owned by the original builder and to give access to property behind (stables are mentioned).

If you look at the semis, then the rest of the terrace, you can see that front doors (usual with older terraces) are paired. ie 2 and 4 have doors together, then 6 with 8 etc .

This does not match the pattern there would be, if a house was removed, and there is no sign on the sides of no 4 that there has ever been anything attached, then demolished. Also, the decorative brickwork, just below the roof, continues round the side, which would not be the case after demolition.
  • TimHatton
    Options
    What a strange thing to stumble upon on the internet! Thanks guys!
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Red-Squirrel_2 Posts: 4,341 Forumite
    Options
    Googling your own name eh? ;)

Who cares, you're still awesome! Good luck with the objections.
  • TimHatton
    Options
    Ha! I was actually googling the application number! Cheers. I am an architect btw, hence the half decent objection wording
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    TimHatton wrote: »
    Ha! I was actually googling the application number! Cheers. I am an architect btw, hence the half decent objection wording

Jonny Aldridge really is lucky to have a neighbour like you and certainly owes you a pint or two even if the objections don't work.
  • JonnyAldridge
    Options
    Hi all,

Thanks a lot for your help and comments on this... The application has been withdrawn by the developers (for now).
    Now if everyone would stop making me buy drinks for the new neighbours that'd be great! :beer:

Cheers!
    Jonny
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family