Urgent ESA need help please

Options
Hello everyone,

My friend who is on Income support received a letter to apply for ESA, got sent an ESA50 filled it and sent it back. At the beginning of April she got a letter to attend for a f2f assessment for the end April 2018. She'd enclosed a letter requesting a home visit for her f2f assessment with the ESA50 and also requested for a recording. When she got her appointment letter she rang Maximus and told them that she wish to have her f2f assessment at home and also to record her esa f2f assessment. The lady from maximus told her that she cannot have a f2f assessment at home because the dwp decision maker has disallowed her a home visit and that she cannot have one, she was also told to ring the dwp and find out because the decision maker has not give Maximus their reason why she has been disallowed a f2f home visit.

When she told the lady that she has not received a letter from the dwp saying that the decision maker has disallowed her a home visit for her f2f assessment and also told her that by law a claimant can request a home visit and making sure to enclose a letter from their GP giving the reasons anyway cutting a long story short when my friend rang Maximus again the next day she was told that she can now have a home visit but the appointment for the end of April has been cancelled because of the recording machine is broken she was confused because the appointment was not for the end of April which mean they could have the recording machine repaired. She then received a letter the next day after the second phone call the letter was dated the same date the first lady told her the dwp decision maker has disallowed her a home f2f assessment saying that the end of April appointment has been cancel but did not give the reason why nor mentioned about the broken recording machine in the letter.

My friend then ring the dwp and told them that Maximus has said the dwp decison maker has disallowed her a home f2f assessment and ask the reason why she was told by the dwp lady that Maximus is wrong to say that a decision maker has disallowed her a home f2f appointment and said that a dwp decision maker would never have done that nor do they get involved with regards to f2f assessment and home visits and to go back to Maximus and request one but when she rang Maximus again and told them what the dwp has said and that she would like to request for a home f2f assessment she then was told that her files has got sent back to another department of Maximus to be looked at again and that they no longer have it at their appointment department.

Yesterday she received a phone call message from Maxiums to ring them up to talk about an FME and nothing else was mentioned about having another appointment for a f2f assessment. My friend who suffer from mental health problems has been very worried, stressed and ill since Maximus cancelled her f2f appointment and now worry what the Maximus lady would ask for about the FME.

Can someone please help put my friend's mind at rest what question will the Maximus lady ask to do with the FME. I've never dealt with Maximus myself nor with a phone call to do with FME.

So, sorry for the long post.

Thanks

Comments

• pmlindyloo
    pmlindyloo Posts: 13,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    aimee0763 wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

My friend who is on Income support received a letter to apply for ESA, got sent an ESA50 filled it and sent it back. At the beginning of April she got a letter to attend for a f2f assessment for the end April 2018. She'd enclosed a letter requesting a home visit for her f2f assessment with the ESA50 and also requested for a recording. When she got her appointment letter she rang Maximus and told them that she wish to have her f2f assessment at home and also to record her esa f2f assessment. The lady from maximus told her that she cannot have a f2f assessment at home because the dwp decision maker has disallowed her a home visit and that she cannot have one, she was also told to ring the dwp and find out because the decision maker has not give Maximus their reason why she has been disallowed a f2f home visit.

When she told the lady that she has not received a letter from the dwp saying that the decision maker has disallowed her a home visit for her f2f assessment and also told her that by law a claimant can request a home visit and making sure to enclose a letter from their GP giving the reasons anyway cutting a long story short when my friend rang Maximus again the next day she was told that she can now have a home visit but the appointment for the end of April has been cancelled because of the recording machine is broken she was confused because the appointment was not for the end of April which mean they could have the recording machine repaired. She then received a letter the next day after the second phone call the letter was dated the same date the first lady told her the dwp decision maker has disallowed her a home f2f assessment saying that the end of April appointment has been cancel but did not give the reason why nor mentioned about the broken recording machine in the letter.

My friend then ring the dwp and told them that Maximus has said the dwp decison maker has disallowed her a home f2f assessment and ask the reason why she was told by the dwp lady that Maximus is wrong to say that a decision maker has disallowed her a home f2f appointment and said that a dwp decision maker would never have done that nor do they get involved with regards to f2f assessment and home visits and to go back to Maximus and request one but when she rang Maximus again and told them what the dwp has said and that she would like to request for a home f2f assessment she then was told that her files has got sent back to another department of Maximus to be looked at again and that they no longer have it at their appointment department.

Yesterday she received a phone call message from Maxiums to ring them up to talk about an FME and nothing else was mentioned about having another appointment for a f2f assessment. My friend who suffer from mental health problems has been very worried, stressed and ill since Maximus cancelled her f2f appointment and now worry what the Maximus lady would ask for about the FME.

Can someone please help put my friend's mind at rest what question will the Maximus lady ask to do with the FME. I've never dealt with Maximus myself nor with a phone call to do with FME.

So, sorry for the long post.

Thanks

All sounds a bit of a mess. As far as I am aware it is Maximus (The health professional) that makes the decision about a face to face or home visit, not the DWP.

As regards the FME this means that they are looking for Further Medical Evidence.

I suggest you and your friend go to CAB and ask them to ring Maximus on her behalf to find out exactly what is happening.
  • aimee0763
    aimee0763 Posts: 176 Forumite
    Options
    pmlindyloo wrote: »
    All sounds a bit of a mess. As far as I am aware it is Maximus (The health professional) that makes the decision about a face to face or home visit, not the DWP.

As regards the FME this means that they are looking for Further Medical Evidence.

I suggest you and your friend go to CAB and ask them to ring Maximus on her behalf to find out exactly what is happening.

Thanks for your reply pmlindyloo, I'll pass the message on yes it is a right mess she's waiting to hear about another f2f appointment but Maximus has not mentioned it again perhaps they may make a decision via paper based there are enough evidence she's attached with her ESA50.

:)
  • aimee0763
    Options
    Hello All,

Posting an update rang Maximus this morning letting them know that my friend's GP is on annual leave and won't be back until next week to get a GP report from him.

Maximus told me that there is no appointment book nothing in my friend's file and that they will do a review once they've received my friend's GP letter about her illness.

We are wondering what do Maximus mean by doing a review?
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 18,031 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    aimee0763 wrote: »
    Hello All,

Posting an update rang Maximus this morning letting them know that my friend's GP is on annual leave and won't be back until next week to get a GP report from him.

Maximus told me that there is no appointment book nothing in my friend's file and that they will do a review once they've received my friend's GP letter about her illness.

We are wondering what do Maximus mean by doing a review?
    Decide whether an assessment is needed probably. You could have asked what they mean when you rang, they would have told you.
  • aimee0763
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    Decide whether an assessment is needed probably. You could have asked what they mean when you rang, they would have told you.

Thanks Poppy that's the feeling I had whether they'll do an assessment or just go down the route of paper based and perhaps make a decision from the GP evidence.

I would have asked but the lady after speaking to me said she need to speak to her colleague went off for a while then cut me off and rang back again and apologise and mentioned about review and GP letter etc. They seems to be a bit nervous whenever my friend or I speak to anyone from Maximus since their lies has been exposed and recorded. one lady even spoke in such a calm manner I was taken aback before that when I've spoke to them on my friend's behalf they've been very abrupt.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure