PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thursday 12th April 2018

Options

Comments

• SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Morning all,

Firstly a belated birthday Dumpling!

Last night I played football for the first time in a while and my knee flared up again. So I may take some further time off. Tonight is a delayed date night with my gran. So I'll zoom to hers straight from work and no doubt the table will be set and there will be a 3 course meal lined up.

HH - Hope the doc's goes ok today.
    TA - Enjoy your trip :) Safe travels.
    Judi - Have I missed something, why does he need a 2nd car?
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,637 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Boy is it misty out there, looks more like a November day than an April one, like TA I am hoping we do get the warmer weather next week.

Need to get out for some fresh bits and pieces this morning, we are going through a lot of fresh veg and salad etc being on the BSD, although I couldn’t face a bowl of salad last night and ended up defrosting the last of the turkey broth from Christmas, was yummy but could have done with some croutons :rotfl:

Other than that not a lot planned, will go and see the lovely Lu of course.

AOD ouch on the foot :( another migraine sufferer here although they are not nearly so frequent now I’m no longer staring at a computer screen 8 hours a day, feel better soon.
    Glad you enjoyed your birthday Dumpling
    Hugs to Holly hope the doc visit is a positive one.

Have a good day folks x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one, especially Holly, hope the Drs appointment goes ok.

I was awake twice in the night, loo visit at 2am and then tablets at 4am, decided to read for a while till they took effect, so book down just after 5am.

My throat is no better so obviously not a cold, some sort of throat infection so have made an appointment for tomorrow. I could have gone down and sat at the walk in surgery, but it will be full of people coughing and snuffling, so will keep taking the pills and go tomorrow.

OH's eye is improving, it has not been gummed up since the weekend and he no longer needs to wear his eye patch at night, just the drops in 4 times a day. He says the sight in that eye is so much clearer, so thats good.

Another horrid day, dank and dark, not sure if its raining.

Part of the floor in the wet room cupboard has dried out, its going to take a while for the rest of it, so just now we are having strip washes.

I am going to do the cheese pie for supper tonight with mixed veg, we are almost out of fresh fruit, I have some frozen rasps so raspberries in jelly, should last us a couple of days at least.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Dry here but overcast I have a wash on the go so will try to put it outside for a while, yesterday was glorious and I got a wash almost dry.

Got roast pork for dinner tonight its not often we get chance to have one so I am really looking forward to it, I will get the prep done after this, will do some roasted onions too as I love those.

Will have a quick tidy round this morning but the deep clean can wait till Saturday when everyone can help.

I sent the builders quote off to the insurance company last night re the kitchen so we should hear back within a day or two.

TA hope you have a nice break x

Camelot have your dd and her young man moved into yours ? xx

Right I need toast and marmite !

Have good days all xx
  • mehefin
    mehefin Posts: 628 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning All
    Hugs and spoons to those in need.

Another grey and dull day here, beginning to think spring is never going to spring. Birds are wide awake and active at silly o clock so it must be on the way.

a sleepless night worrying about things I have no control over so bit ike a wet week this morning.

Farrier was supposed to come to shoe Scooby mare today, but has just rung to say he's run out of gas and cant get some until tomorrow. Not happy so I have asked him to come and put a nail in so she doesn't lose the front one which is likely to be sucked off in the mud that passes for the field atm. Another morning wasted hanging about for someone else to arrive.
    DS on pins as had interview for job last week and they said he would hear by the end of this. Nothing yet. Got another interview somewhere else next week, and has just applied for more. At least he is back to work next week for the next 3 weeks. Downside of being an employee of a university on pro rata rates, only works when students are there.

Might wake comatose Labrador up and take her for a walk, there again what's the saying about sleeping dogs. Bet if I open the biscuit tin/cupboard/etc it will be there in a nanosecond.

Bye for now
    mehefin
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,007 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    redruby wrote: »
    Morning all
    Camelot have your dd and her young man moved into yours ? xx

No, DD has moved into her young man's and is trying to put her mark on it! He's lived in that flat for a while and never done anything to it. They are hoping to buy something together next year so trying to spruce it up a bit. DDs flat is rented out at the moment.

The sun is now shining so the washing can go out when it has finished its thing. I've just walked down to Iceland to get yogurts, the 3 for £1 offer was better than a pack of 6 for £2.75 - good job I'm on the ball!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Judi - Have I missed something, why does he need a 2nd car?
    One for work, one for weekends. :(

Prodigal has been and gone. I think he is beginning to take the piddle. I dont mind helping him sort himself out but he wont listen to reason.... he is content in going his own sweet way which has got him nowhere in 27 years.

Oh and Grump is ill.:mad:
  • dp1
    dp1 Posts: 1,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone
    I got home from Majorca yesterday. I stayed in a little place called Can Pastilla just about 10 minutes bus ride into Palma. The weather was good, though it did get a bit breezy at times. Temperature was on a par with an English summer...on a good day! I had a lovely relaxing time - read my book in the sunshine, went to Palma a couple of times - it's a beautiful city and to visit a small town called Soller. Also ate lots of delicious food. I would definitely go again next Easter - I found the temperature just right.
    Been to Asda for some bits this morning and need to go out again soon as I managed to get a doctor's appointment - I'm not ill just to discuss some tablets I've been taking. Then I'll go and see my mum and dad and have tea there.
    Our 2 cats had been fine at the cattery - neither of them would come to me for a stroke last night but hid upstairs. We had an awful struggle to get them in their boxes when they were picked up - both myself and DD got deep scratches but apparently they just walked straight in when it was time to come home! Eldest cat was so desperate to escape when they were going that he crashed into the locked cat flap - splitting the plastic door! A new one has been ordered this morning.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,405 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all,
    Had a bit of a lie in this morning as window man had an emergency fitting of french doors that had been damaged in a break -in about 7 miles from us. Poor people were scared that the perpetrators would come back to finish the job tonight :eek:. So it's the kitchen and pantry today and everything is in the wrong place. Some lounge stuff in the dining room along with some kitchen stuff and the rest if the kitchen/pantry stuff in the lounge. I will be glad to put things back where they belong but the man will be here at least till Monday. I hate it when everything seem to be in a pickle :(. But I will have to get rid of the layer of dust that's seems to be everywhere and I've given up trying to keep on top of it!
    Just had another call from Joan, thought someone was breaking into her house. That's the third time this week we have told her he's in our house. So sad to see a spirited and energetic woman ( she was still playing lawn bowls 3 years ago at 90 ) get into such an awful state.
    We spent yesterday evening stripping wallpaper from around the patio doors, in readiness for the plasterer to come on Friday. Luckily I still have a spare roll of wallpaper that I can match, now if I can only remember the paint colour too :rotfl:. We will have to get some match pots this weekend and then it will be trial and error.
    We managed to get to our local one stop shop for a top up of bread, milk and biscuits earlier, so I don't need anything else for now, as I made sure the freezers were full. We will have hot dogs for tea and maybe some cake for pudding ( which fell into my basket this morning :whistle:, not HM sorry Os'ers )
    I'll be glad to get back to my normal routine as the diet and timings of meals has gone to pot :(. ( Along with the rest of me :rotfl:)
    Hope everyone is having a good Thursday.
    TA enjoy your trip. Think you'll need another break after the kitchen refit :eek:. I don't envy the upheaval as this has been bad enough.
    Nelski that photo.... do you want the whole man or just the legs/shorts ?
    Holly how did you get on at the doctors ? I hope she can put your mind at rest.
    AOD and Speky Ouch ! Hope everything is ok.
    Csarina I hope your throat clears up soon.
    Camelot it's unbelievably sad that someone so young has passed. I can't imagine the sorrow of the family involved.
    dp1 hope you had a lovely time. Couldn't you have brought some better weather home too in your suitcase ?
    Ok I'm off to put the kettle on as window man is ready for coffee and biscuits, good job I've got a food handling certificate :rotfl:.
    I shall send out the Sandman to the sleepless, healing thoughts to the poorly and hugs to anyone who is in need. Take care all.
    nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Afternoon all,
    Had a bit of a lie in this morning as window man had an emergency fitting of french doors that had been damaged in a break -in about 7 miles from us. Poor people were scared that the perpetrators would come back to finish the job tonight :eek:. So it's the kitchen and pantry today and everything is in the wrong place. Some lounge stuff in the dining room along with some kitchen stuff and the rest if the kitchen/pantry stuff in the lounge. I will be glad to put things back where they belong but the man will be here at least till Monday. I hate it when everything seem to be in a pickle :(. But I will have to get rid of the layer of dust that's seems to be everywhere and I've given up trying to keep on top of it!
    Just had another call from Joan, thought someone was breaking into her house. That's the third time this week we have told her he's in our house. So sad to see a spirited and energetic woman ( she was still playing lawn bowls 3 years ago at 90 ) get into such an awful state.
    We spent yesterday evening stripping wallpaper from around the patio doors, in readiness for the plasterer to come on Friday. Luckily I still have a spare roll of wallpaper that I can match, now if I can only remember the paint colour too :rotfl:. We will have to get some match pots this weekend and then it will be trial and error.
    We managed to get to our local one stop shop for a top up of bread, milk and biscuits earlier, so I don't need anything else for now, as I made sure the freezers were full. We will have hot dogs for tea and maybe some cake for pudding ( which fell into my basket this morning :whistle:, not HM sorry Os'ers )
    I'll be glad to get back to my normal routine as the diet and timings of meals has gone to pot :(. ( Along with the rest of me :rotfl:)
    Hope everyone is having a good Thursday.
    TA enjoy your trip. Think you'll need another break after the kitchen refit :eek:. I don't envy the upheaval as this has been bad enough.
    Nelski that photo.... do you want the whole man or just the legs/shorts ?
    Holly how did you get on at the doctors ? I hope she can put your mind at rest.
    AOD and Speky Ouch ! Hope everything is ok.
    Csarina I hope your throat clears up soon.
    Camelot it's unbelievably sad that someone so young has passed. I can't imagine the sorrow of the family involved.
    dp1 hope you had a lovely time. Couldn't you have brought some better weather home too in your suitcase ?
    Ok I'm off to put the kettle on as window man is ready for coffee and biscuits, good job I've got a food handling certificate :rotfl:.
    I shall send out the Sandman to the sleepless, healing thoughts to the poorly and hugs to anyone who is in need. Take care all.
    nan xx

Could I have a selection please for the purposes of comparison

Thank you :D:cool:

btw you are so lovely and patient with Joan I feel most people would have lost their rag by now :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure