Will I lose my 0% rate

Options
I recently opened a Credit card with Virgin money to carry out a balance transfer from a credit card that was nearing the end of its 0% period.

I have just realised that due to a late showing expenditure on the card I have dipped slightly over my limit (£8 to be precise) and have immediately made a payment to more than cover the amount.

My question is this: Will I lose my 0% areement for being over my limit for a few days? Bearing in mind that my statement is not due to be generated for another 10 days and my prevous statement has me well below my limit and out of danger.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!
:beer:

Comments

• MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,627 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'd give them a quick call and explain. Hopefully that should keep you on the 0% rate
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Are you telling us that you have purchases and balance transfers on the same card?
  • binaryuniverse
    Options
    Are you telling us that you have purchases and balance transfers on the same card?

Virgin do offer cards that have 0% on BT and purchases. One card has 28 months on both.
  • Leste2b
    Leste2b Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Virgin do offer cards that have 0% on BT and purchases. One card has 28 months on both.

Thank you both Yes I do have BT and Purchases 0% for 28 months. Do you think it will be a problem?
  • fozmcfc
    fozmcfc Posts: 3,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    It will depend on their rules. Some companies, allow the limit to be slightly broken by one purchase, as long as it's bought back into limit, by the time the statement is produced.

Or it could trigger a letter immediately winging it way to you, to say that you have gone over limit and will lose the 0%.

If that happens, many first time offenders, ring, say sorry and have the 0% re-instated.

Hopefully someone will give you an answer, otherwise, I'd contact them.
  • dld2s
    dld2s Posts: 441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Uniform Washer
    Options
    I have found that if you call and explain things, especially at the beginning of a new card CC companies usually give a bit of leeway when a error occurs
  • Leste2b
    Leste2b Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    fozmcfc wrote: »
    It will depend on their rules. Some companies, allow the limit to be slightly broken by one purchase, as long as it's bought back into limit, by the time the statement is produced.

Or it could trigger a letter immediately winging it way to you, to say that you have gone over limit and will lose the 0%.

If that happens, many first time offenders, ring, say sorry and have the 0% re-instated.

Hopefully someone will give you an answer, otherwise, I'd contact them.
    dld2s wrote: »
    I have found that if you call and explain things, especially at the beginning of a new card CC companies usually give a bit of leeway when a error occurs

Thank you both! will get on to them in the morning
  • jasminum89
    jasminum89 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    It's always best to call, or even go visit them. You can negotiate. They don't want to lose client
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure