Female 30-somethings - where do you buy clothes?

Options
I'm increasingly finding that I feel too old for shops on the high street and I'm not quite M&S age yet (despite popular opinion, I still think it feels 'old').

So where do 30-somethings shop these days?

I like H&M but their sizing is crazy.
I like Oasis for their prints and slightly more mature cuts.

I've pretty much exhausted the high street, so I'm interested in any online stores I might have overlooked/not heard about.

Comments

• Nicki
    Nicki Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    Options
    Jaegar do good online sales. Jigsaw, Joseph and Cos are good too. My sister who's a bit older than me likes Phase 8 and Coast.
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I’m thirty something and I still love River Island, Primark and New Look :o
    I’m plus size though so I have slightly less choice anyway.
    Have you tried somewhere like Debenhams?
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • ibizafan_2
    Options
    I'm probably way older than you at 64, but I have shopped online in the last few months from River Island, New Look, Phase 8 (when there's a sale on) Debenhams, Next and Marisota. As the shops themselves never have the full range, Click and Collect is my friend. Marisota is the only one that is only online, and most of their clothes are replicated on other websites. Kaleidoscope is another.
  • shiprob195
    Options
    I'm 45.
    I have recently lost nearly 5 1/2 stone. I now shop at Next, Primark, Dorothy Perkins, and for the very first time, New Look ( size 12 black jeans!!!! I was a size 20 at Christmas)

I also scour charity shops on a regular basis. Last week I picked up a "Paul Smith" dress for just £4 :j:eek::eek:

I am loving my new body :-)
    Slimming world new starter 2/1/17
    :D:D:DWeight loss so far 5 stone 8 lbs

:rotfl:Loss needed to get to target NONE!!! TARGET MEMBER :D
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,731 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    shipr!!!95 wrote: »
    I'm 45.
    I have recently lost nearly 5 1/2 stone. I now shop at Next, Primark, Dorothy Perkins, and for the very first time, New Look ( size 12 black jeans!!!! I was a size 20 at Christmas)

I also scour charity shops on a regular basis. Last week I picked up a "Paul Smith" dress for just £4 :j:eek::eek:

I am loving my new body :-)
    Me too.

I've bought all the brands mentioned in this thread from charity shops - plus a lot of others - for relative peanuts.

I very carefully check an item before I buy.
    My Mum says I'm bobble-obsessed. :D
    I feel down the front of a garment, especially round the bust area and also round the side-back where cross-body bags can rub and bobble the fabric.

I check the inside underarms or crotch area if it's trousers.
    I check the inside 'care label', it can give a good indication of how much it's been worn if it's faded.

I check if it's been taken up. I don't mind shortening hems on skirts, trousers or dresses but prefer to do it myself from the original starting point than from somebody else's higgledy-piggledy attempt.
    I also check zips.

Finally, if it's a patterned dress or tunic, I turn it inside out as it's easier to check for holes on the reverse side.

Well done on your weight loss. :T
  • rach_k
    rach_k Posts: 2,236 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm 33 and buy mostly at Next, Monsoon, Dorothy Perkins, H&M and Tesco, with the occasional bit of Boden and Joe Browns thrown in.
  • silverwhistle
    Options
    ibizafan wrote: »
    I'm probably way older than you at 64, but I have shopped online in the last few months from River Island, New Look, Phase 8 (when there's a sale on) Debenhams, Next and Marisota. As the shops themselves never have the full range, Click and Collect is my friend. Marisota is the only one that is only online, and most of their clothes are replicated on other websites. Kaleidoscope is another.

Bloomin 'eck! :-) Are you still working? I'm a couple of years younger and retired and in the last 6 months in one visit I bought some M&S nicks, jeggings and one of their 3/4 sleeve cotton tops which I think are good value. Plus, I bought my Umbro football boots for the new season from Asda, of all people. Earrings from the charity shop.:D

PS: wow, that is some good going, shipr!!!95. Now join a ladies' football team to really tone yourself up!
  • Trina90
    Trina90 Posts: 541 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm not in my thirties yet (27 as of tomorrow!) but the same applies to me. I tend to shop in Superdry and Hollister.. which aren't very MSE but they are the only places I find what I like and for my age (though Hollister is probably too young really!). I barely ever buy clothes so I tell myself it's okay that I shop in the too expensive Superdry :o
    Mortgage started 2015: £150,000 2016: £130,000 2017: £116,000 2018: £105,000 2019: £88,000 2020: £69,000 2021: £51,195 2023: MORTGAGE FREE!
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    H&M, Warehouse, Oasis, Next, River Island, occasionally M&S, sometimes Oliver Bonas. I will scour charity shops too and will check TK Maxx every now and then.
    ally.
  • [QUOTE

So where do 30-somethings shop these days?
    .[/QUOTE]

I'm in this age range.

Sainsburys and ASDA more frequently - now the home town's Dorothy Perkins has gone anyway which was my fave. Peacocks is on it's way so that will be interesting.

M&co and Yours clothing online.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport