Mini, advice needed please

hopefuldebtfree
hopefuldebtfree Posts: 37 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 19 July 2018 at 4:23PM in Motoring
Hi, I've got a Mini which I bought 2nd hand from a garage and it's still under the 3 month warranty, it's currently back at the garage (for the 2nd time) because the engine was sounding really rough when the car was started and stationary. On speaking to the garage yesterday they don't seem too hopeful that they'll be able to have the problem fixed. If they say this is the case and offer me a refund I'm guessing that they can deduct a certain amount for mileage and wear and tear? Is there a standard rate for this or is it up to the garage to set an amount? Many Thanks

Comments

• AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    How old a Mini are we talking about here?

The garage can set an amount - if you disagree with it, you can take them to court for the difference with what you think fair, and let the court decide...
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,158 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    If it is a Mini dealer they might be able to source you another car of the same spec and do an exchange.
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • Hi
    It's 10 years old. I didn't buy it from a mini dealership but the garage I bought it from have put it at a Mini garage for the fault to be checked. They gave me the impression that if it was too expensive then it wouldn't be feasible, which I can understand, I just wondered how the refund would work.
    Thanks for your replies.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport