Orange mobile collections??

Options
I was wondering if anyone could help...

Im trying to improve my credit rating and have checked it online with clearscore and seen that I have an Orange mobile account with an outstanding balance. I want to set up a payment plan and phoned EE as they took over orange to see how I do that. They spoke to their department that deal with Orange accounts but as I don't have an account number they couldn't find anything on me, going by my old address.
I was wondering if anyone knows what debt recovery agency deal with it and I could try phoning them as I can't find any letters relating to it. Mainly due to burying my head in the sand years ago regarding debts lol.
I just don't see any other way of having it removed from my credit file other than obviously paying it but I can't do that until I find the debt recovery agency that deals with it. The account was from 2013.

Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    They may use dozens.

I would dispute it via the CRAs and see if they can get an answer. If not, then it should be removed.
  • Lettyspaghetti
    Options
    Thanks for your reply! How would I dispute it? I really don't have a clue about any of this lol
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You'll find contact details for disputes on each of the three CRA sites.

You'd state that the default appears on your file but EE are unable to provide any evidence of what it relates to. You're happy to settle any valid debt, but if it's not, you would like it removed.
  • Lettyspaghetti
    Options
    Thats great thank you so much for your help.
  • DarrenJInglis
    Options
    I've just been on the phone to EE today with a very similar situation to yours actually. I had two defaults, one with EE and one with Orange (both from about 4 years ago). I called and several times and they were unable to verify me due to it being an old account and I didn't have any of the details. Eventually I found out that it is Moorcroft who deal with EE/Orange accounts (from what I've been told anyway) but after speaking to them, they told me the account had been archived and handed back to EE! Thankfully today I spoke to a helpful lad who managed to verify me and he even wiped the Orange balance for me! (it was only for £24 but even so, still a small win) and he's sent me my old account number so I can start to make payments when I can.

So try ringing Moorcroft as they might have you on their system if you are looking to set up some kind of payment plan.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,920 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I've just been on the phone to EE today with a very similar situation to yours actually.

Eventually I found out that it is Moorcroft who deal with EE/Orange accounts

So try ringing Moorcroft as they might have you on their system if you are looking to set up some kind of payment plan.

Moorcroft only manage late accounts for EE.

I would not advise ringing up any debt collector, that can lead to all kinds of problems.

If an account comes back to EE as non collectable, or unable to contact, then they sell the accounts on, in bulk, usually to the big names such as 1st credit, Cabot, and Lowell.

Whichever one picks up your old account, chances are you will hear from them real soon.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure