Moneysaving whilst multi-tasking.

Options

Comments

• poorandindenial
    Options
    Sorry Holey, I possibly meant very well developed pecs??
    £34,547 (Dec 07); Current debt: £zilch (Debt free December 2010)
    Sealed Pot #389 (2010=£133)
  • Holeypockets
    Options
    well developed pecs sounds much better.

I admit I have made a few domestic mistakes. Like once chucking a white towel in with a load of dark jeans. I have also tumbled dried the odd jumper!! Ironing is not too difficult but it annoys me when the kids don't put their clothes away after I have ironed them - makes it a waste of time. I was surprised that when you iron tops you have to iron both the back and front - I always thought the heat of ironing one side would be enough to get the creases out on the other - I guess thats a mans logic.
  • Holeypockets
    Options
    One thing I cannot seem to iron properly is fitted sheets - can anyone advise?
  • Sassamac
    Sassamac Posts: 522 Forumite
    Options
    you could hire yourself out to train other men in housework duties. that'd earn you a few extra quid.
    Sunday is domestic day in my house too. Im cooking and baking to save buying prepared food and save time cooking during the week.
  • tesuhoha
    tesuhoha Posts: 17,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Why arent you hanging the washing on the line? Its dry and sunny here.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• bank_of_slate
    bank_of_slate Posts: 12,922 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Why on earth would you iron a fitted sheet?
    as soon as it's dry, stick it straight back on the bed.
    Don't put it on while it's warm from the dryer though or you'll be prising comatose cats off it all day.
    ...Linda xx
    It's easy to give in to that negative voice that chants "cant do it" BUT we lift each other up.
    We dont count all the runners ahead of us & feel intimidated.
    Instead we look back proudly at our journey, our personal struggle & determination & remember that there are those that never even attempt to reach the starting line.
  • vonph1
    vonph1 Posts: 181 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    One thing I cannot seem to iron properly is fitted sheets - can anyone advise?

Ummmmm just don't iron them??
    They just get creased anyway! :D
  • Holeypockets
    Options
    ok, i am fighting a losing battle ironing a fitted sheet - the ironing bit wasn't too bad - its folding it afterwards. I was folding it to put back in the airing cupboard - not on the bed then I thought who will see the creases so have abandonded. I now have to tidy the kitchen again - kids made a right mess. Getting there though.
  • Numpty_Monkey
    Numpty_Monkey Posts: 14,196 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :confused:

whats ironing?:o :o:p :rolleyes:
    PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBT NERD #869
    Numpty,Not sure why but I'm crying :o . Of all the peeps on this board you're the kindest & most supportive of all & I'm :mad: & :( for you all at the same time . Wish I was there to give you a big :grouphug: & emergency hobnobs
    xx
    DFD 5/1/16
  • Holeypockets
    Options
    kitchen sorted - thanks to mans best friend - the dishwasher!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure