Have DemonPlates tricked me into paying additional postage?

Options

Comments

• shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    The only person/people who may have done anything illegal are the sellers by not seeing the required documentation.
    As it stands, the OP has made a legal purchase and provided that the plates are of the correct specification then they will be doing nothing illegal by putting them on their vehicle.
  • Supersonos
    Supersonos Posts: 1,080 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    The only person/people who may have done anything illegal are the sellers by not seeing the required documentation.
    As it stands, the OP has made a legal purchase and provided that the plates are of the correct specification then they will be doing nothing illegal by putting them on their vehicle.

Finally! Someone with some sense! Thank you.

Shame most of this thread has been filled with this odd notion about the legality of the plates.
  • Supersonos
    Options
    So why lie about your documents?

Where did I lie about my documents? When you see that I didn't, I'll look forward to your apology.
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Supersonos wrote: »
    Where did I lie about my documents? When you see that I didn't, I'll look forward to your apology.

You never produced them in order for the seller to lawfully supply the plates.
  • Supersonos
    Options

How do you know whether or not I produced them?! At no point have I said that I haven't done so.

Again - quote the point where I lied.

And then be a man and apologise.
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options

So what?
    That means that the seller was not doing as the law required them to do. It doesn't mean that the buyer was breaking any laws.

If I go into a garage and pay £20,000 in cash for a vehicle and the seller doesn't carry out any due diligence checks that they may be required to do to comply with their obligations under money laundering regulations that is nothing whatsoever to do with me.
    Provided that the money I used was lawfully obtained by me and I register, tax and insure that vehicle then providing that I am using it in accordance with all of the relevant laws, I have done nothing wrong.

It is exactly the same for the OP and their plates.
  • AndyMc.....
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    How do you know whether or not I produced them?! At no point have I said that I haven't done so.

Again - quote the point where I lied.

And then be a man and apologise.

Go on then explain how you do it online.
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ""Certain people are unaware that proper identification and valid DVLA paperwork are required in order to purchase number plates within the United Kingdom. This sensible UK law is designed to stop the practice of auto cloning. However, the process of presenting the right ID and documentation isn!!!8217;t too complex or long-winded. It!!!8217;s actually a simple and straightforward process and completing it quickly should not be a problem. To assist you with getting your plates in a timely fashion, we will begin to manufacture your new plates as soon as your payment is processed.
    In order to comply with UK laws, you!!!8217;ll need to send crisp pictures of your ID and DVLA-approved documentation to our company via electronic mail. When you do this in short order, you!!!8217;ll be able to get your number plates as soon as possible. Please consult our list of accepted documents in order to find out what you will need to digitally photograph and email.""
    Just curious, did they receive the info they needed to send the plates off or was there some delay?
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Supersonos
    Options
    Just curious, did they receive the info they needed to send the plates off or was there some delay?

There was no delay my end - they received everything they needed.
  • AndyMc.....
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    There was no delay my end - they received everything they needed.

We all know that's untrue as the transaction was all done online.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure