Paypal payments now take 2-3 days

Options
Paypal used to take 2 hours to get into my bank account but since this week they've increased it to 2-3 days.

Another way for paypal to make that little bit extra by holding onto your money for longer.

Is this a new policy and has this happened to anyone else on here?

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sometimes it just happens like that, it shouldn't but it does. I usually find that logging out and back in sorts it out (stop the withdrawal when you see the time).
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mine is still instant, as theonlywayisup says it sometimes seems to delay for no apparent reason.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • RoyaleMale
    RoyaleMale Posts: 257 Forumite
    Options
    Sometimes it just happens like that, it shouldn't but it does. I usually find that logging out and back in sorts it out (stop the withdrawal when you see the time).

Payment ended up taking 6 working days.

Yesterday it stated 2 hours, so I withdrew some more money, sure enough the money hasn't be received by my bank.

The sooner they replace paypal the better.
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,021 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    RoyaleMale wrote: »
    Payment ended up taking 6 working days.

Yesterday it stated 2 hours, so I withdrew some more money, sure enough the money hasn't be received by my bank.

The sooner they replace paypal the better.
    Be careful what you wish for. The replacement for Paypal is likely to make disbursement much slower. It sounds to me like it's going to be more like Amazon which takes a minimum of 3 working days to hit your bank account.

As regards Paypal, there's every likelihood that the delay is from your bank and not Paypal. If you have another bank account try that one to transfer to, that's where the delays tend to come from.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    RFW wrote: »
    Be careful what you wish for. The replacement for Paypal is likely to make disbursement much slower. It sounds to me like it's going to be more like Amazon which takes a minimum of 3 working days to hit your bank account.

As regards Paypal, there's every likelihood that the delay is from your bank and not Paypal. If you have another bank account try that one to transfer to, that's where the delays tend to come from.

The American eBay forums are discussing this already and it does look like the current information suggests the replacement that eBay plan to roll out will work like the Amazon model and take longer to hit the bank account.

PayPal is still instant for me into my HSBC account, and takes about 3 hours if I put it into a Co Op account.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Paypal to Barclays has been pretty well instant for me for a number of years. However I did a transfer during last weekend which didn't hit my bank account until Wednesday morning!
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • sleepyjones
    sleepyjones Posts: 6,087 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I did a "faster payment" (not via Paypal) just via online banking to a friend at the start of the month and it took 4 days to get there, which was unusual ... maybe the banks are having problems lately or something lately?
  • fallen121
    fallen121 Posts: 900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Paypal withdrawals to a Bank of Scotland account, which used to happen instantaneously, now take 3-4 days. I've now done several withdrawals and it's been the same each time. Even the screen you get come up when making the withdrawal is different, and the email you get states "2-3 working days".

In an age of Faster Payments (which presumably is what Paypal used previously) this is definitely a downgrading of service. I made the first withdrawal because I had gone overdrawn at the Bank and had Paypal funds, so thought I would transfer to avoid paying the daily O/D fee. Obviously I'm no better off.

What annoys me is that if I wished to transfer funds from another Bank, the transfer would be pretty much instant. Paypal are always telling us how "Banklike" they are. This just gives the lie to that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure