Jacamo credit increase

Options
Hey guys

New here so I'm hoping I'm posting in the right place

My credit isn't the best but I've got Brighthouse and 2 sim only contracts and a Jacamo catalogue

I'm just wondering how long was it before you guys got a credit increase with jacamo I've being with them 13 months and I'm still on £125 I've paid it off 3 times and they've not once offered me an increase, is there anyway they can do it manually if you guys have tried phoning have you had much luck? because surely 13 months is way to long without one increase

I've never missed my bill always paid the minimum and more my minimum is £5 I pay £8-10

Thanks so much

Comments

• Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    edited 8 December 2019 at 11:08PM
    Options
    They must love you. You must be paying them a fortune in interest.
    Having said that though, they would probably like to see a repayment of the balance before giving you an increase as, despite the fact that you are obviously a very profitable customer, this has to be weighed against the risk of lending to somebody who is unable to fully repay a debt of maximum £125 more than 3 times in 13 months.
    Don't have and wouldn't want a credit account with Jacamo so can't comment further as to their credit limit increase policy.
  • I have though I've paid them off 3 times and just spent the balance again it's ridiculous
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Options
    I have though I've paid them off 3 times and just spent the balance again it's ridiculous
    Try payng them off and NOT spending the balance again.
  • Isn't that the point of a catalogue though spending the credit or at least spending some of it
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Not if you want to be seen as low risk, no.
  • Ohh so pay it off and leave it paid off
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yes. It's expensive credit for already over priced goods.

See if you can get a credit card, buy things you actually want and clear in full each month.
  • nicetomeetyou
    nicetomeetyou Posts: 310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 9 December 2019 at 6:44PM
    Options
    Go on ''my account''
    Go on ''my recent statements'' - a separate tap will open and it will be a statement for that month.

I opened a account 3 months ago (I didn't really want the account but you need an account to purchase stuff) and they offered me £150.00 credit. I made a few purchases for £30.00 and payed it off when the statement arrived.. On my statement thingy it says ' We plan to increase your credit limit from £150 to £350 on your next statement date (31/12/2019). We'll carry out a further check just before we increase your credit limit and let you know whether or not the increase has been applied''

Maybe there is a thing saying something like that on your statement?
  • MattSt89
    Options
    I just pay slightly over the monthly minimum and within six months went from £125 > £400 > £750 and now £1000.
  • Tallaght
    Tallaght Posts: 1,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Going off topic a bit but do Jacamo let you return goods if they do not fit ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure