IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Received 'Notice Of Intended Court Proceedings' & confused about next step

Options

Comments

• J_M_
    J_M_ Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    fisherjim wrote: »
    I had a letter from Debt Recovery Plus stating Notice Of Intended Court Proceedings, which was a lie who sent you your letter?

My letter has come direct from Excel Parking.
  • J_M_
    Options
    Hello,

I wondered if I could ask some more advice?

Not long after starting this thread I moved house and studio and completely forgot about this parking issue and I wanted to know what you woudl recomend my next steps were?

I never responded to the initial letter from Excel entitled "Notice Of Intended Court Proceedings" and today I received an email from BW Legal kindly asking me to contact them regarding my account, but with no mention of anything more. I am assuming they want me to confirm some of my personal details or the like so they can pursue me further?

As I have recently moved house, I wonder if I have been missing some letters and wether this is an issue? I also want to ask how they might track me down? Is it to do with the details of my vehicle, or, the inital informatoin I submitted when i did the IAS apeal?

Many thanks in advance for anyone who can help me out again. I have just spent a couple of hours going through the forum but can't find any specific info related to above to guide me
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    J_M_ wrote: »
    My letter has come direct from Excel Parking.
    And did you respond to it? ...edit: I now see you didn't.

It is now over five weeks since you told us about this letter.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    It is very dangerous NOT to update them when you move house - do you want a CCJ?

Contact BW Legal (NOT by phone) and tell them your new address for service.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It is very dangerous NOT to update them when you move house - do you want a CCJ?

More importantly, have you told the DVLA?
  • J_M_
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »

Contact BW Legal (NOT by phone) and tell them your new address for service.

I certainly don't want a CCJ if I can avoid it. I know it was a very neglectful of me to have forgotten to write a letter to them initially and I wasn't trying to avoid anything, it just slipped my mind.

Would you recommend signing up with BW legal as they are suggesting? Or sending them a letter avoiding this portal/account setup?

"This is an important message from BW Legal regarding your Excel Parking Services Ltd account. We are trying to contact you regarding your account."

They are requesting all my personal details.
  • J_M_
    Options
    Not yet. Will get sorted today to post tomorrow.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    First notify them of your new address now!

Do you have redirection at your old address? If not make arrangements for it now!!

The danger to you now is if they issue a claim to your old address(or have done so already)

That could result in a ccj in default against you without you knowing about the claim
  • J_M_
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    First notify them of your new address now

Do you have redirection at your old address? If not make arrangements for it now!!

The danger to you now is if they issue a claim to your old address(or have done so already)

That could result in a ccj in default against you without you knowing about the claim

I have completed the paperwork and will be sending to DVLA tomorrow. I am investigating any potential missed post at my old address too.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope you know you have to tell the DVLA x 2? Not just driving licence, V5 too (separately).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure