Bank Giro Credit -what is it ??

Options
124»

Comments

• rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Options
    That makes sense, I can see that for businesses it's really not practical to print each cheque individually.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lloyds TSB require you fill in a pay in envelope, even when handing in over the counter.

Not at my branch. You only use the envelope when you want to use creditpoint (or till service is not available).
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • jambosans
    jambosans Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    Not at my branch. You only use the envelope when you want to use creditpoint (or till service is not available).

Last time I paid in cash was about a year ago and the cashier required I fill in an envelope before handing the cash over the counter. *shrugs*
    Anything I post is my opinion, so from time to time I may be wrong. I try to provide answers based in fact, however I don't know everything, so (like all posters on MSE), take what I say with a pinch of salt.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    jambosans wrote: »
    Last time I paid in cash was about a year ago and the cashier required I fill in an envelope before handing the cash over the counter. *shrugs*

Was that out of traditional banking hours or on a Saturday?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • jambosans
    jambosans Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    Was that out of traditional banking hours or on a Saturday?

I don't think so, although I can't really remember. It was a smaller branch in a shopping centre with only two members of staff, perhaps that effects the way they process deposits?
    Anything I post is my opinion, so from time to time I may be wrong. I try to provide answers based in fact, however I don't know everything, so (like all posters on MSE), take what I say with a pinch of salt.
  • bigderek7
    Options
    do i just gave the bank giro credit book to my employer or just a slip out of it so he can put the money in my account
  • Mikeyorks
    Mikeyorks Posts: 10,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No. If he pays you via a credit transfer it will be by BACS Direct Credit or faster payment. If by cheque / cash - then you put it in your account? But for the credit transfer you do need to provide Sort code / Account number. So I suppose a pre-printed slip saves any confusion - but it won't otherwise be used.
    If you want to test the depth of the water .........don't use both feet !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure