Credit card limit increases

Options
Hi I am new to this site and this is my first post! I wonder if anyone has received the same type of call that I have? I was cold called to say that if my credit card provider had increased my limit without my permission or signature then they have to wipe the balance of the card off. This is because it has changed from the original agreement I took out with the provider. I did some research and there is an article in the Guardian about this but nothing about companies having to wipe the debt on the card if they have done this. I have 2 cards that have increased my limit with just a letter not asking me to agree it, but they have increased my limit and its ready to be used. Has anyone else experience this had a call or pursued this? I didn't give details as it was a cold call but thought it may be worth exploring,,,, thank you

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's not true. They're looking for mugs to pay them a fee.
  • madvicker
    madvicker Posts: 157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I haven't received calls like that but I would say to you; ignore the call. Load of BS. Credit card providers are allowed to increase your limit whenever they want - as long as they let you know beforehand. You do have the option to opt-out of automatic increases however. But once an increase is applied, the credit agreement is changed by implication.
  • Radintel
    Options
    I applied for an increase in the limit. I got a negative answer and after a month aqua credit card alone increased my limit. This is probably their normal operation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure