Howard Cohen court proceedings

Options
Hi, I am a newbie so hoping g I've listed in the right place.

I have received a Directions questionnaire N180 from the court as Howard Cohen solicitors are taking me to court for claimant hoist portfolio. They are referring to a debt from 2012 that they apparently took over in 2016. I am Aware if a couple of outstanding debts but the account number on the court paperwork does not correspond so I wrote to them requesting more information. Despite numerous requests for more information,Credit agreements etc, I still to date have no information, account numbers etc as to what this debt is referring to. Because of this, I do not fall into the category for mediation. The claimants have opted for mediation. If i don't accept mediation, the court may frown upon me, being uncooperative, however mediation states that is should only be used to reach an agreement to settle the debt and all parties must have the relevant information on the case. I need paperwork to be able to discuss/negotiate . I considered sending a letter with the form back to the courts as to reasons rejecting mediation but unsure if this is really correct protocol. Alternatively if I accept mediation an attachment a closing letter that I haven't the relevant information to reach any agreement. I'm unsure which route to take. Obviously there are factors building up to this point but my main issue is whether to accept mediation or not.

On a credit search I've found the debt from hoist but do not recognise the account number and it's listed as bank account debt. On the court form , totally different account number listed as credit card debt. Conflicting information. Would be grateful for advice on mediation. Kind regards

Comments

• happydays89
    Options
    Hi,it might be best to look at the debt free wannabe board,at the top there is a thread where you can ask a debt advisor,they might be able to point you in the right direction.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure