Speedy boarding on Easy jet

Options
We have travelled on Easy Jet several times this year from Tel Aviv to Luton. We paid for up front seats which includes speedy boarding. The only speedy boarding we got was that we boarded the coach to the plane first but when we arrived at the plane everyone on the coach both SP and not SB ran and we were nearly the last on the plane, resulting in no room for our hand luggage above our priority seat. I have complained to Easy jet (I sent and e mail to the MD). Reply from his PA was that speedy boarding is included in price for priority seat, not a separate payment. Inferred that it is a freebee thrown in. I don't agree. If I didn't get the seat I paid for I would complain. To me, this is the same. It is clear that Easyjet have not explained what speedy boarding is to the ground staff at Tel Aviv. They think they are doing it right by boarding us onto the coach first. Any ideas as to how to progress this. I just want to get the Speedy Boarding I booked.

Comments

• Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You would presumably be on the first coach to take passengers to the remote stand. Whilst the driver should perhaps allow SB passengers off first by way of opening one door of the coach first, it may not always happen.

Easyjet do say on their website that if a coach boarded flight they can not guarantee SB passengers will be first to board.

You are flying on a low cost airline. I am not sure what you really are after from your complaint to the CEO about this issue.

I think in future you will just need to be quicker on your toes when you get off that first coach - or pay a lot lot more and fly with El Al.
  • popcorn9
    Options
    Thanks. I have looked over the whole website and can't find anything that they don't guarantee SB and the MD's PA did not even say that.
    With all their price increases they are not so cheap as they used to be. I may have to march with my feet and try another airline.
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    popcorn9 wrote: »
    Thanks. I have looked over the whole website and can't find anything that they don't guarantee SB and the MD's PA did not even say that.
    With all their price increases they are not so cheap as they used to be. I may have to march with my feet and try another airline.

you mean you choose EasyJet over cheaper similar alternatives?
  • popcorn9
    Options
    Yes. The timings are good and up until the last year they have been very good. Now the prices are going up. Unless I book as soon as the flights come out, they are no longer cheaper. So why pay for a service I am not getting?
    I want the Speedy Boarding but don't know how to move forward to make them provide the service they clearly advertise. Telling me I cannot buy it separately from the up front seat is not an answer. They clearly advertise it, they should provide it.
  • PompeyPete
    PompeyPete Posts: 7,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Popcorn's problem aside, I think easyJet are pretty damn good. We use them regularly, and can't remember any problems worth mentioning.
  • boliston
    boliston Posts: 3,012 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    i had the coach system at berlin airport and it just mean sb went on the first bus - i'm not sure how many busloads fill a plane but the plane still seemed quite empty after one coachload of people - if there is no bag space directly above your seat there is probably a space nearby - i tend to put my bag in front of my own row if possible so i can keep an eye on it
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,575 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    To be first off the bus, stand by the door, usually left side.

I always make a point of being the last to board, but with a bag small enough to go under seat (not possible in front row or exit row).
    Evolution, not revolution
  • barbarawright
    Options
    I'm curious - what is the advantage of speedy boarding?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options

You get to sit down and stow your hand luggage first, although by the OP and my wife's experience a couple of weeks ago with another budget airline, it doesn't always happen.
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Overhead locker space above your seat, that's about it.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure