Unpaid item

Options
I sold an item on Ebay. The buyer has not paid or been in touch so I opened a case. Ebay are now allowing me to close it - how do I do this to ensure I do not get charged any fees.

This is the first time I have had an unpaid item the last time I had a problem the buyer's grandson (haha) bid in error and he contacted me to get the sale cancelled as soon as the auction ended.

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I sold an item on Ebay. The buyer has not paid or been in touch so I opened a case. Ebay are now allowing me to close it - how do I do this to ensure I do not get charged any fees.

This is the first time I have had an unpaid item the last time I had a problem the buyer's grandson (haha) bid in error and he contacted me to get the sale cancelled as soon as the auction ended.

Assuming it's been 4 days since opening choose the option that buyer has still not paid and it should say something about your fees being credited.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Brywalker
    Brywalker Posts: 319 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    bubble565 wrote: »
    You need to leave negative feedback as well !

Sellers can only leave positive feedback for buyers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure