Dusty's Frugal Fortnights

Options

Comments

• dustydigger
    dustydigger Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Never got much done after getting home.Our lawnmower gave up the ghost and we spent a while putting the new one together,not the easiest of jobs.:D Then Mr Dusty has been banging on about his case,so I am off to make supper to get out of the way!:rotfl:
    Did manage one survey about supermarkets,got 80 points ,and one on Prolific which paid 12 pence for 1 minute's work!That makes £19.61 I need 39 p to cash out :)
    got one £2 coin at the history group,that makes £86 saved.
    Walked to the history group and back,did a few stretches when I got home,but not ready very active today,my legs still tender from fall,and right elbow is quite painful,probably arthritis.Would be nice to have ONE day healthy and pain free......must be nice;)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    We can only wish that we have a pain free day!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • dustydigger
    Options
    Grr! Typed out my budget,and somehow lost it when I dished out Mr Dusty's supper. Mustnt have pressed save!
    income:£291 from Mr Dusty,plus £71 my pension: total - £362

outgoings 30th Apr - 13th May
    total,£358,as follows
    duel fuel - £81
    phone+broadband - £28
    insurance - £20
    Passport fund - £10 (now £50)
    Birthday Fund - £10
    Water Aid dd - £3
    Save the Children dd - £3
    Asd@ home delivery (estimate)£57
    delivery charge - £5
    household budget (cash) - £141
    Ouch,nothing to the bank this fortnight,but probably some to the Sealed Pot,£2 coin savers etc.But as Mr Micawber said,any surplus leads to happiness!
  • beanielou
    Options
    Could you not get a £1 delivery slot?
    I had one earlier :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• lonelyrat
    lonelyrat Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Very organised as usual :) Our lawnmower gave up the other day as well... The front garden was half cut!

I used to have problems with my MSE posts deleting after I wrote them, or half way through writing (not sure if me or mse, likely me!) now if it's a biggie I write it in a separate word document then copy and paste. That way you don't need to faff around writing it out again :)
    Total Debt : ?? / ??
  • dustydigger
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Could you not get a £1 delivery slot?
    I had one earlier :)

No,that fiver is a direct debit for the whole month,I can get as many deliveries as I like (well,if I spend £40 or more. I can always include stuff for my daughter who lives across the road! :))
    Usually the £1 delivery slots are for late in the evening,not good in the dark nights.I like to get mine delivered between 9-11 am,which would be about £4. a time! I'm willing to pay a couple of quid extra for the convenience
    The cost of a taxi is £5 to my home,so I am happy at the convenience of home delivery and avoiding packing and humping all that stuff.I avoid buying lots of junk food and temptations doing it online. Another benefit :T:T
  • dustydigger
    Options
    lonelyrat wrote: »
    Very organised as usual :) Our lawnmower gave up the other day as well... The front garden was half cut!

I used to have problems with my MSE posts deleting after I wrote them, or half way through writing (not sure if me or mse, likely me!) now if it's a biggie I write it in a separate word document then copy and paste. That way you don't need to faff around writing it out again :)

We had to baby our mower along all last season,and managed to avoid buying a new one till this year.
    There are tiny springs and bolts inside the base of the machine handles. One broke off,and we had to tie a rubber band around to keep the machine together. Then the other side thingy snapped too. I probably tried 15 or more different spare parts websites,but no one was selling that part.The manufacturer said the part was ''obsolete''. So annoying that a whole machine is incapacitated by 2 little bits of plastic:mad::mad::mad::mad: Talk about planned obsolescence:(
    Besides that the thing for adjusting the height of the grass cut jammed,we could only cut at a long length of grass. We did the garden last week and it looked worse after it was finished that before we started:rotfl:So we had to buy a new one. Used TCB and made 90p Wow. But it all mounts up.Looking after the pennies........
  • beanielou
    Options
    My slot was between 6-8 which was perfect.

• dustydigger
    edited 27 May 2018 at 7:20PM
    Options
    Put on 1lb this week,so didnt lose an ounce over the whole MSE Slimming into Spring challenge!:eek::eek:
    Is it really worth bothering doing the challenge till the thyroid problem is sorted in a few months time? Have given up on Slimming World,what's the use of my son paying for me when I cant lose.Embarrassing!
    Unless I do it to just maintain for a while,then try again? Will have to think about what to do this week Was so happy losing 4 stone in a year,this losing NOTHING is awful.:(:(
  • beanielou
    Options
    Remember that 4 stone is still an amazing achievement.
    BEst to go to maintain if I was you.
    You could call target for now & then adjust it when things are more stable health wise?

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure