Green Deal Tariff?

Options
KAD
KAD Posts: 41 Forumite
Hi I am looking to switch my energy provider, I have Solar panels via the Green Deal plan .....................what is the best type of tariff to be on???? Fixed doesn't make sense or am I wrong???

Comments

• wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    KAD wrote: »
    Hi I am looking to switch my energy provider, I have Solar panels via the Green Deal plan .....................what is the best type of tariff to be on???? Fixed doesn't make sense or am I wrong???

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=74780609&postcount=279 :cool:

Why don't you think that the MSE recommendation to grab a fixed tariff, especially at a time of rising prices, makes any sense? :huh:

The Green Deal was pulled over 3 years ago. But those already on it keep it. Typically plans were designed to last 10-25 years.
    It doesn't mean you can't switch supplier, but you need to have one that supports it.

More info in this archived MSE article
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/green-deal/
  • KAD
    KAD Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    I just thought that I'm using my 'own' electricity then I didn't think that a fixed plan made sense, as in theory I wouldn't be using as much electricity from the grid!!!!
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    KAD wrote: »
    I just thought that I'm using my 'own' electricity then I didn't think that a fixed plan made sense, as in theory I wouldn't be using as much electricity from the grid!!!!
    But on a variable tariff that small amount you are using will increase in price going forward. Surely you know how much you are using from the grid per year.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure