memory sticks/flash drive

Options
I need a memory stick to back up pictures and documents, so I need a good one.
Has anyone had a Toshiba memory stick.
Otherwise, which brand is best, SanDisk, Integral, Cruiser or Kingston?

TIA

Comments

• TonyMMM
    TonyMMM Posts: 3,382 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Don't use memory sticks as a backup - even the good ones fail. Use them for short term storage or moving files.

For backup use a proper external drive and have a second back up elsewhere (maybe cloud based).
  • Oddjob
    Oddjob Posts: 590 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I do have an external drive - a Samsung 1TB . I am trying to do a back up of my photos using the Kaspersky back up feature onto it but it seems to be spending hours 'preparing data' and I don't think its doing much. It didn't take this long to back up my Data(D) drive, I used Macrium Reflect to do that. Will the photos, music, videos be in the backup on there anyway I can't seem to see what is in there.
    Thanks for your help
  • Oddjob
    Options
    TonyMMM wrote: »
    Don't use memory sticks as a backup - even the good ones fail. Use them for short term storage or moving files.

For backup use a proper external drive and have a second back up elsewhere (maybe cloud based).

I don't know how you do a cloud based back up, sorry, not very technical.
    I'm still trying to find out if pictures in Google get deleted if you delete them off your phone.
    There are some on my phone that I want to put on my laptop, then delete from my phone. Google isn't linked to my laptop.
  • AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Oddjob wrote: »
    Google isn't linked to my laptop.

Just log into google from their home page
  • GunJack
    GunJack Posts: 11,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I used Macrium Reflect to do that. Will the photos, music, videos be in the backup on there anyway I can't seem to see what is in there.
    Thanks for your help

f you used Reflect to create an image of your drive, you have to re-instate that image onto a drive to see what's in that image, you can't just open the macrium-created image file.
    ......Gettin' There, Wherever There is......

I have a dodgy "i" key, so ignore spelling errors due to "i" issues, ...I blame Apple :D
  • Oddjob
    Options
    GunJack wrote: »
    f you used Reflect to create an image of your drive, you have to re-instate that image onto a drive to see what's in that image, you can't just open the macrium-created image file.

Thank you but how do I do that?
  • Oddjob
    Options
    AndyPix wrote: »
    Just log into google from their home page

I have logged into Google from their home page but my photos from my phone aren't there yet my phone says they are.
  • dipsomaniac
    dipsomaniac Posts: 6,739 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    have you got back up & sync switched on?
    "The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
  • debitcardmayhem
    Options
    I have logged into Google from their home page but my photos from my phone aren't there yet my phone says they are.
    Have used the same email that you used on your phone?
    🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖BUT my responses are now out of my control they are posted via ChatGPT or the latest AI
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    By any chance do you pay for Amazon Prime? If you do, there's unlimited photo storage online available
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure