IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Letter Before Claim - Own Bay PCN

Options

Comments

• steady.alone
    Options
    Thank you for so much for your suggestion. Yes I got to see so many proceedings from Gladstones recently on so many MSE & Pepipoo threads and I wonder how they are even recovering their costs. I believe more the scams more the money for these people.
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    Gladstones are making a pretty penny with this ... it is their clients who are stumping up, whether they win court claims or not. ;)

What confounds many of us is ... how have these PPCs failed to cotton on that they're being taken for mugs by Gladstones?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you for so much for your suggestion. Yes I got to see so many proceedings from Gladstones recently on so many MSE & Pepipoo threads and I wonder how they are even recovering their costs. I believe more the scams more the money for these people.

The Parking Prankster would agree with you, have you read his many Blogs about it? Here are a few from this Spring/Summer:

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/hopeless-solicitors-gladstones-bungle.html

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/gladstones-solicitors-bungle-case.html

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/pcm-uk-signage-does-not-create-contract.html

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/gladstone-solicitors-score-triple-whammy.html

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • steady.alone
    Options
    Thanks for sharing these great blogs, I cant believe how this industry is getting bigger n bigger each year.

I found this post in telegraph the other day.
    hxxp://telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/15/drivers-fined-110-for-parking-on-their-own-driveways
  • steady.alone
    Options
    Guess what, surprisingly I have received an email (not letter) in response to my LBC acknowledgment letter posted earlier, saying their
    -Letter before claim is fully compliant with the Practice direction and they will not issue another.
    - Client has previously sent me the details of the charges. (No copy of written contract is provided as yet)
    - Time stamped photos attached in their email.

Final line says " You have 7 days from date of email to pay £150 in full Or a claim will be issued against you without further notice"

I am thinking of replying to their email as they have not provided their clients written contracts (as we knew), should I or not?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Always reply to a Solicitor letter about a Parking charge, don't leave the ball in their court.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • steady.alone
    Options
    As long as the ball remains outside the court I will be happy :)

Yes I will. I hope below will do for now and keep the ball rolling, any additional suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Asking for clients written contract copy again and reminding them again about my unfettered 'Right to Park' in any unallocated space as per lease agreement.

Many thanks
  • steady.alone
    Options
    Hello friends
    As Gladstones meter is still counting I have received a County Court Claim letter dated 11th Oct 2016 which I have acknowledged online today on 18th Oct. The MCOL shows below status so I am hoping it is now submitted :) I am now doing some further research on the good defence.

Claim History
    A claim was issued against you on 11/10/2016
    Your acknowledgment of service was submitted on 18/10/2016 at 21:20:44

Am I supposed to start a new thread here as I received the court papers or continue using this thread?
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    please keep it all in this thread ....

Ralph:cool:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Would this happen to be a site managed by Mainstay?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure