Warm Home discount and comparison

Options
2»

Comments

• doveman
    doveman Posts: 188 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Any news on when EON will be processing applications for WHD? I read that British Gas have just started.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 29 August 2018 at 9:07AM
    Options
    doveman wrote: »
    Any news on when EON will be processing applications for WHD? I read that British Gas have just started.

Hello doveman and, yes, we opened our 2018/19 Warm Home Discount (Broader Group) scheme this Wednesday, 22 August 18. I posted details on MSE the same day at the following link (post #96).

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5660352&page=5

Hope this helps doveman. Let me know if you need any more information as happy to help.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • doveman
    Options
    Hello doveman and, yes, we opened our 2018/19 Warm Home Discount scheme this Wednesday, 22 August 18. I posted details on MSE the same day at the following link (post #96).

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5660352&page=5

Hope this helps doveman. Let me know if you need any more information as happy to help.

Malc

Hi Malc

It concerns me that you opened the scheme on 22 August but will only be contacting people who've registered an interest from 3 September. As you say "Broader Group applications are dealt with on a first come, first served basis" so it seems likely that by 3 September all the allocation could be taken by people who have seen your posts on forums like this and already applied, putting people who didn't see said posts for whatever reason at a disadvantage.

Also your website isn't working properly at the moment and I can't find any pages about the WHD. Even the tariffs page just gives me this https://www.eonenergy.com/for-your-home/service-unavailable/service-unavailable
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    edited 28 August 2018 at 7:24PM
    Options
    Hi Malc

It concerns me that you opened the scheme on 22 August but will only be contacting people who've registered an interest from 3 September. As you say "Broader Group applications are dealt with on a first come, first served basis" so it seems likely that by 3 September all the allocation could be taken by people who have seen your posts on forums like this and already applied, putting people who didn't see said posts for whatever reason at a disadvantage.

Also your website isn't working properly at the moment and I can't find any pages about the WHD. Even the tariffs page just gives me this https://www.eonenergy.com/for-your-home/service-unavailable/service-unavailable

Is this confusion setting in?

The current 2018/19 scheme officially starts on 15 October 2018 and ends on 31 March 2019 and as far as I know applications/registrations for the E.on 2018/19 scheme closed in 2017.

Or does the E.on representative mean that E.on will open applications/registrations for the 2019/20 scheme on 22 August 2018? (If it's for the 2018/19 scheme then E.on must have discovered a reliable method of time travel).
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi Malc

Hello doveman and thanks for coming back to me.

Provided anyone contacted after 3 September 18 acts fairly promptly and are eligible, they'll be fine. At this stage, we don't know when we'll stop our Broader Group scheme but in previous years it's been closed to new applicants in November/December. I'd expect something similar this time around.

I'm sorry you had difficulties with our website yesterday. We did have issues generally and these impacted the website. All okay now. The Warm Home Discount page is available through the 'ways to save' button at the top of the landing page.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • doveman
    Options
    Thanks Malc

I managed to access the website and make my application now, so fingers crossed.
    Options
    Anthorn wrote: »
    Is this confusion setting in?

The current 2018/19 scheme officially starts on 15 October 2018 and ends on 31 March 2019 and as far as I know applications/registrations for the E.on 2018/19 scheme closed in 2017.

Or does the E.on representative mean that E.on will open applications/registrations for the 2019/20 scheme on 22 August 2018? (If it's for the 2018/19 scheme then E.on must have discovered a reliable method of time travel).

Hello Anthorn and I think you might be mixing up what I've said with details about the Core Group part of Warm Home Discount.

Those who qualify under the Core Group are identified by the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP). No applications are needed. The DWP tell the energy supplier concerned who then make the payment automatically. The DWP will write to those who qualify from October 18 to let them know. Where we're the supplier on the qualifying date of 8 July 18, we'll make the payment.

I've been talking to doveman about our Broader Group scheme. This is where customers not in the Core Group need to apply each year. As above, we opened our Broader Group scheme on 22 August 18.

Both the Core and Broader schemes relate to the 2018/19 period.

Hope this explains Anthorn. Please let me know if still not clear.

Malc
    Options
    Thanks Malc

I managed to access the website and make my application now, so fingers crossed.

No worries doveman. Glad you've been able to apply through our website. Best of luck with your application.

Malc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure