MSE News: Dwell ceases trading Q&A: your rights

Options

Comments

• jrm1979
    Options
    I bought a rocking chair back in January (7 week waiting time), and have been getting regular updates to tell me it's been delayed.

I was contemplating just cancelling it, but some nice fellow phoned me a few weeks ago to tell me that he was sorry it kept getting delayed, but I would be offered a goodwill gesture when it finally arrived.

I bet the swine knew fine well they were going under. Totally below the belt tactics.

Paid on my debit card as well due to getting my bonus in January pay. Will attempt the chargeback process, but I'm not holding my breath.

I really wanted that chair more than anything :(
  • suchgreatheights
    Options
    Their stock really was junk - tacky crap that looked like it was designed for the Big Brother house, but with John Lewis price tags.
  • dalesrider
    dalesrider Posts: 3,447 Forumite
    Options
    Ozzyc wrote: »
    HELP??? Does anyone know... I purchased 6 dinning rooms chairs from dwell on my mastercard on February 20th 2013, in a single transaction. I was told I could expect delivery 12 April of course they haven't arrived.. the price of the chairs individual was £99 each although I purchased 6 as a 'set' in a single transaction total value £594...can I still use section 75 to claim the total cost back??

You do not need S75...

There will be chargeback rights available for non receipt of goods. Talk to you card provider and see what they are advising at the moment.

Many banks are holding back on any action. As it is unclear just what is going to happen in the next few days over the administrator and any possible takeover.
    Never ASSUME anything its makes a
    >>> A55 of U & ME <<<
  • Wadsley
    Options
    I bought two sofas for over £1,000 and returned them. They were collected and someone phoned to say they would refund the money within a couple of days - but no money is in my account yet. This is such a lot of money for me, I am really worried. I have applied for chargeback from my bank as I used a debit card. Any other suggestions?
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wadsley wrote: »
    I bought two sofas for over £1,000 and returned them. They were collected and someone phoned to say they would refund the money within a couple of days - but no money is in my account yet. This is such a lot of money for me, I am really worried. I have applied for chargeback from my bank as I used a debit card. Any other suggestions?
    Sorry, no other suggestions.

Have you read the article?

As it says, chargeback is your only hope.
  • dalesrider
    Options
    Administrators Duff & Phelps contact on: 0121 214 1120
    >>> A55 of U & ME <<<
  • SouthernBird_2
    Options
    Please can someone help me. I bought a sofa from dwell. It arrived in early June. I only opened it today as I've been unwell. Their is a leg missing. What do I do? I don't know who manufactured the bed to contact them re warranty? Do i call the administrators?

On the tips it says if item is faulty you can go via your credit card company as it counts as not delivered? I am really worried. What about time lines has it been too long?
  • dalesrider
    Options
    Do i call the administrators?

On the tips it says if item is faulty you can go via your credit card company as it counts as not delivered? I am really worried. What about time lines has it been too long?

Contact the administrators 1st.

Sorry but received faulty goods are not classed as not delivered :(
    No idea where you got that idea from. But it is totally wrong.

There is a chargeback for faulty goods.

Talk to your card provider after the administrator and you have a better idea of what is going on.
    >>> A55 of U & ME <<<
  • SouthernBird_2
    Options
    dalesrider wrote: »
    Contact the administrators 1st.

Sorry but received faulty goods are not classed as not delivered :(
    No idea where you got that idea from. But it is totally wrong.

There is a chargeback for faulty goods.

Talk to your card provider after the administrator and you have a better idea of what is going on.

This was in the main article by Martin:

I need to return a faulty Dwell item. What are my rights?

If stores continue to stay closed, then you won't be able to return it.

However, you may have some options:

Check if it came with a manufacturers' warranty. If so, make a claim via the manufacturer.

Did you buy an extended warranty? If so, this is a contract with a third party insurance company so it should still be valid anyway. If you're unsure, if the contract says it's "regulated by the Financial Services Authority (or Financial Conduct Authority)", it's probably an insurance contract. Therefore, it should be valid as normal. To make a claim, contact the insurer.

If you've no warranty. If those options fail then you may be able to get a refund if you paid by card. See the section above on undelivered items for your rights. Faulty items are treated in the same way as those that never turn up, so card firms may have to pay out.

Does a missing piece count as faulty, i mean the item is not fit for purpose, if i can track down a manufacturer in UK than brilliant but I dont see this being easy.

I will call the administrators in my break.
  • interiors100
    Options
    I bought a dining table in March and knew i had a 3-4 week wait.They never contacted me so I followed up the order to which the reply was that it will be due in may/June.
    Ok,so June came and I called again to which their reply was that it will be delivered in July.
    That was acceptable aswell until I heard they had gone into liquidation.

I now have no table and they have my clients money.Paid outright by Visa debit card.

I know that I don't stand as much assurance of returned funds with a debit card but I wanted to know if anyone had any other ideas?
    Can I claim liquidated stock?
    Can I join a creditors list to guarantee my clients money returned?

As a small business this kind of disappointment to a customer leaves a large dent in my reputation.

Can anyone give advice or contact details of the liquidators/administrators acting on behalf of Dwell OR any other routes forward.
    Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport