JUMPSTART - does anyone know what this is?

I'm looking for info about a DWP - JSA - GOV scheme called "JUMPSTART" for unemployed people. I've googled, but all I can find relates to courses aimed at kids and as I'm in my sixties I'm pretty sure that's not it!

Been told it's a mandatory course by my JSA work coach but he tends to say what he feels like from week to week I'd feel happier with some official details.

Ta.

Comments

• huckster
    huckster Posts: 4,819 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Never heard of it. Perhaps it is a local arrangement. If you have been unemployed for a certain period and are struggling to find suitable work, then it could be a more intensive job search scheme. You receive more help with digital skills, CV writing, job applications.
    The comments I post are personal opinion. Always refer to official information sources before relying on internet forums. If you have a problem with any organisation, enter into their official complaints process at the earliest opportunity, as sometimes complaints have to be started within a certain time frame.
  • I found this:

https://www.facebook.com/jumpstartfoodandfitness/posts/telling-my-story-at-the-department-for-work-and-pensions-dwp-women-in-work-event/1993503884280983/

I'm not a benefits advisor but I don't think you can be made to do any course (or sanctioned for not doing it) without a Jobseeker's Direction, setting out consequences of noncompliance - I think the standard wording is, "If you do not ... your benefit may be affected." So if my understaning is correct, and you don't want to join that scheme, you don't have to unless you receive a JSD.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure