Notice of correction

Options
I noticed that my Equifax report was no longer showing me registered on the electoral roll so opened a dispute.

Upon logging in again I found a notice of correction had been added, apparently by myself.

I didn’t add it, I only disputing the information!

I called to remove this and was advised it could take 5 days.

Two weeks later it’s still there!

How do I get it removed??

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Contact them again and raise a complaint.
  • MovingForwards
    Options
    There are a few threads about the electoral roll, from what they have said we all get removed while the council's update everything, then we go back on.

Therefore your query should have been raised with the council and not the CRA.

The CRA only report what they are given.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Options
    There are a few threads about the electoral roll, from what they have said we all get removed while the council's update everything, then we go back on.

Therefore your query should have been raised with the council and not the CRA.

The CRA only report what they are given.
    Yes there are many threads on this subject which appears to be unique to Equifax.
    I looked at my Experian credit report recently and there is no problem there, still showing as current.
  • xlnc99
    xlnc99 Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    EQUIFAX are the WORST CRA along with TRANSUNION

Joint 1st in being incompetent and slow. Experian are the only ones who who deal with issues and quickly. They always put a NOD if you raise a query and take forever to reply.

You cant win with them
  • JackRH93
    Options
    I also wanted a notice of correction removed from Equifax. Say you want to complain and then they escalate it and apparently it will be done within 24 hours. I requested mine removed about 22 hours ago and at the moment it is still there though...
  • Debtfreestudentnurse
    Options
    It’s gone now. Was done the morning after it was escalated.
  • JackRH93
    Options
    Out of interest, did you receive an email to say there was an update on your report, or did you need to request a new report to see it had been removed?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure