Request Redundancy???

Options
2»

Comments

• Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Unfortunately no, iam thinkink to join them in the end of the last year, but because i was soo busy i tottaly forget...

In that case unless you have access to money for a solicitor, you're going to struggle.

Mainly because I don't think your language skills are going to be good enough

I cant work out if you've got a minimum number of hours; whether you have acted in a manner which could be described as gross misconduct; or much else to be honest.
  • Comms69
    Options
    Hi All - I'll start again, please answer each question VERY carefully.

My issue is...
    Its a big hospitality company. - Name them.
    My workplace was changed business and i cannot work in there anymore... - Explain this, what changed and why can you not work there?
    Firstly, they offered me somewhere else a different jobs, but after in that venue they changed there mind and when iam asked for a email about all the offered job and duties, they just sent me a email about "they cant offer anything for me at the moment"... - It sounds like you work for an agency.
    So in this case i think, iam being redundant. - Not necessarily.
    I would like to send a email for my area manager(because thats the only contact i have atm) about "request for a redundancy payment" - You may not be entitled to it. Please quote the exact contract.
    What do you think? I can make this email and i can ask for it?
    I want to write something like this...

"After this i have to realize iam being made redundant.
    Iam started to work for this company in 20/10/2014, in these case i would like to request for a statutory redundancy payment."

Where do you work?
    How many hours per week?
    For who; who is named on your payslip?
    How long have you continuously worked for the same employer?
  • SteveeBigee
    Options
    Thats what is happened until now !

10/2018 we received a letter about our company is sold to another one
    12/2018 we get information verbally about "we are gonna be closing soon"
    01/2019 we get information verbally "we are gonna be close 3rd of february and they will find a place to work to everybody...
    03/02/19 i get a information verbally "i need to take my last 4 day to holiday for the next week and they will contacting me in this week for further information...
    08/02 i get a message from my gm "there is a place in our venue for a position chef and i need to meet with them..."i get a details
    11/02 i met with them in a new place and i get verbally not correct info "i said to them let me think about it and i will send a message"
    i sent a message that thay and i accept the job...
    21/02 they invite me again in 22 a for a meeting
    22/02 they said completly different information about those positions and i let them know"okay please send me a details all the offered job, and details in email"
    In here iam start to think, i need everything in the future in writing, not verbally...
    23/02 they sent email for me "we havent got any job for you at the moment..."

Thats it now...this is where i am....
  • Comms69
    Options

01/2019 we get information verbally "we are gonna be close 3rd of february and they will find a place to work to everybody...
    03/02/19 i get a information verbally "i need to take my last 4 day to holiday for the next week and they will contacting me in this week for further information...
    08/02 i get a message from my gm "there is a place in our venue for a position chef and i need to meet with them..."i get a details
    11/02 i met with them in a new place and i get verbally not correct info "i said to them let me think about it and i will send a message"
    22/02 they said completly different information about those positions and i let them know"okay please send me a details all the offered job, and details in email"
    In here iam start to think, i need everything in the future in writing, not verbally...

Sorry you need to answer the questions I asked as well, thanks
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,648 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Have I been asleep for several days as I only make it 19/02 today or should "21/02, 22/02 and 23/02" be 11/02, 12/02 and 13/02 respectively?
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • SteveeBigee
    Options
    sorry about dates...iam getting !!!!ed off about this place...

14/02 they invite me again in 15 a for a meeting
    15/02 they said completly different information about those positions and i let them know"okay please send me a details all the offered job, and details in email"
    16/02 they sent email for me "we havent got any job for you at the moment..."
    19/02 i sent email to our area manager to our hr...to ask iam being redundant, because if its yes iam would like to request for a redundancy payment...
    until now no answer...

Answers...
    -Stonegeate Pub Company
    -They making refurbishment, and the place is changing for something else...without kitchen, so in there they not serving food anymore....and i was a chef
    -No its not a agency, iam made my contract straight with the company
    -Unfortunately in my contract there is nothing about redundancy...

At the moment they trying to find something for me, but as i know if they offer me a different position or different money, iam entitled for a redundancy payment... if iam refuse that job for a reason
    more then 4years i worked for them
  • Comms69
    Options
    Are they still paying you?

No if you are offered a suitable job, you must take it. You are not entitled to redundancy.
  • SteveeBigee
    Options
    Comms69 wrote: »
    Are they still paying you?

No if you are offered a suitable job, you must take it. You are not entitled to redundancy.

They making zero hour payslips.
    But this is what i read
    "This is called 'suitable alternative employment'. Tell your employer in writing if you decide to accept the alternative job. ...
    You might be able to get redundancy pay instead if you have a good reason to refuse the job."
  • Comms69
    Options
    They making zero hour payslips.
    But this is what i read
    "This is called 'suitable alternative employment'. Tell your employer in writing if you decide to accept the alternative job. ...
    You might be able to get redundancy pay instead if you have a good reason to refuse the job."

This doesn't make sense; if you are contracted to 30 hrs a week (or whatever it is, since i'm confused) WHY are you not asking for this amount every week??!!

You don't have a good reason to refuse
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport