CCJ - Hearing

Options
Good Evening all,

I know this has probably been posted many times but as a first timer I wanted to make sure I am clear going forwards as everyone's issue is unique. Had been issued a CCJ unfairly, application has gone off and contrary to what some thought it has been accepted by the Judge to a hearing.

So just wanted to pick people's brains in regards what I need to expect on the day, what I need to take with me such as a witness statement or evidence, things I should and shouldn't say, dress code etc. Any help would obviously be much appreciate and yes fully aware that is not everyone's intention but I have to ask.

Just to note the CCJ was for the insured vehicle being parked in a car park which should of rightfully been parked there - all details were sent to incorrect address so was never acknowledged, I don't wish to say anymore just so I don't link any stories.

Thanks

Q

Comments

• Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Options
    You have chosen to use the term 'insured vehicle'. I would have said to take evidence that the vehicle was rightfully parked if this was in relation to a parking ticket but inclusion of the word 'insured' would imply that there is more to the incident than that.
    As to the details being sent to the incorrect address, the court will not be happy if this was a result of your failure to update the correct address of the keeper of the vehicle with DVLA so be prepared to explain how this occurred.
    Explain the situation clearly and simply. You don't need to dress up but don't turn up looking like tramp either.
  • Quinton715
    Options
    Ben8282 wrote: »
    You have chosen to use the term 'insured vehicle'. I would have said to take evidence that the vehicle was rightfully parked if this was in relation to a parking ticket but inclusion of the word 'insured' would imply that there is more to the incident than that.
    As to the details being sent to the incorrect address, the court will not be happy if this was a result of your failure to update the correct address of the keeper of the vehicle with DVLA so be prepared to explain how this occurred.
    Explain the situation clearly and simply. You don't need to dress up but don't turn up looking like tramp either.

Oh, I just used this term because I thought it was the correct terminology and also..... because it is insured? Never the less, there is nothing more to this incident than it being parked rightfully were it was and the evidence has already been sent to the Judge to back the story up, I obviously will take it with me on the day.

In regards to the address issue, I have already spoken with the DVLA who have confirmed the address was currently undergoing address change as this was issued, so the address change was made in good time, there was just a few days overlap, there plenty of paths the car parking company could have taken to investigate why they didn't hear from me but didn't bother.

Do I not have to take a written witness statement or anything?
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,924 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    If this relates to a parking charge then ask on the dedicated parking tickets sub forum and read all the stickies they have.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • Quinton715
    Options
    Hi there,

Ok thank you. Would you mind providing a link to sub forum as I've not been able to find it.

THanks
  • Quinton715
    Options
    Sorry have found it, thanks again all
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business