PPI its been 8 weeks should I go to the ombudsman?

Options
Hi,

I have a lot of PPI claims. For most of them I have just got a general letter saying we are looking at it but no actual action. Or in many cases no response at all.

I created these claims via Resolver. Should I be escalating the claims to the ombudsman after the 8 weeks?

Is there any advantages or disadvantages in waiting longer before escalating to the ombudsman?

Andrew

Comments

• SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Should I be escalating the claims to the ombudsman after the 8 weeks?

No. It is well documented that there was a last minute surge and not many are getting resolved within 8 weeks.
    Is there any advantages or disadvantages in waiting longer before escalating to the ombudsman?

No advantage as the FOS is behind as well and you just enter a new queue. Further disadvantages are that a firm may well auto-payout if you havent referred it to the FOS but are less likely to if you have as they may as well wait for a FOS decision.

Be patient.

However, I would check the ones you haven't had the response letter on. Resolver has a habit of not always notifying the providers and the ones you haven't heard on may never have received your complaint.

All firms are required to acknowledge the complaint and explain the process upon receipt of a complaint. You normally get it in writing within days.
  • AMThomson
    Options
    Is there any maximum length of time you should wait. For instance are you unable to send it to the ombudsman after X weeks?

Andrew
  • SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Is there any maximum length of time you should wait

Not really. At the peak if PPI complaining, people often had to wait a year or two. Then another year or so if they went to the FOS. Today, you are probably only talking months.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure