Deep breath and here goes!!!

Options
Right I am going to use this to post on what I have spent and what I have saved and what my target is for the week!

Ok so here goes:

Have a NSD today 21st July

Check internet banking everyday and at end of the week any spare money pay off Virgin card (even if it is 50P)

Do not withdraw any money from bank - except £20 needed for petrol.

Bring lunch in for everyday

Its going to be hard but I have about £14800 worth of debts i need to pay off and if i can chip away I will be pleased!

BIG AIM - to pay off Virgin CC by November - balance 2011 - so this is what I will chip away at if I get chance - going to pay the minimum of £40 off plus £11 which is a start and hopefully will take me to less than 2000!!!.
LBM - 17/07/09:j
Virgin - 2011 Smile - 3100 Halifax - 7800
Deposit for house 4000/15000
New York fund 250/1500 (paid for some tickets for NY trip with it!)
I WILL DO THIS YAY!!!!!:easter_ba

Comments

• LittleBoots
    LittleBoots Posts: 1,097 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya!

Good luck with your debt free journey :) I'm pretty new to all this too.
    Checking online bank acc is a good idea, I just have to get over the fear first!
    It's sooo easy, eat less and move more, don't spend more than you earn. Now to put it into practice...
    Debt - £2236.55
    Lbs to lose - 21
  • nomorehandbags
    Options
    thanks littleboots - it is scary but feels so much better when it is written down in front of you - on my payday i am going to do a main monthly target - eg pay wodge off my card and then do little daily/weekly ones!
  • Nishka
    Nishka Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya

I am on a saving journey too.... ! Good luck with yours xx
  • nomorehandbags
    Options
    Hi Nishka

I have commented on your thread and I see a kindred spirit ha ha! - we both like nice things and expensive lunches ahem but all that has stopped for me - I know bring my own - yes its not the same as pret a manger but I will have a treat once a fortnight (uf there i any left in my weekly budget)

You will get there you have just got to be realistic - its hard when that new burberry handbag is calling but i will treat myself to one once my debts are paid -obviously i will save up and not stick on the plastic!

Good luckx
  • nomorehandbags
    Options
    I have spent nothing so far today....took my own lunch and off to the gym later so a no spend day for me today (ok i spent 50p on a pint of milk) but good going for me yay!!!
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,384 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    well done for starting your journey - it will be fab to be debt free
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.3K
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.1K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • nomorehandbags
    Options
    Thanks saving holmes.....I know I can't wait....i am going to start a daily payment if I don't spend anything and have a spare £2 so going off my smile credit card - every little helps even if i could do that 3x a week that is nearly £25 extra a month!!!!
  • nomorehandbags
    Options
    yesterday I paid off £2.83 on my smile credit card - before i would never thought to have done this but actually see how it could make a difference.

Off out for a meal tonight so that will cost money - but already had that saved - its to celebrate my divorce and close the book on that one.

Tasks for today:

Admin (ugh!!!)
    On-line banking
    Change shoes

Already got planned for weekend sunday having a shop free day going to clean my car inside and out (it does need it!) and go to the gym - weight lost/no money spent is a no brainer for me!!
  • Lurker1972
    Lurker1972 Posts: 779 Forumite
    Options
    just wanted to say good luck with your journey, you've got the right attitude to suceed, that much is certain

enjoy your celebratory meal - my divorce was an early Xmas pressie to myself a number of years ago - definately a reason to party

also - good luck with the NY fund, its a fab place.....I'm trying to convince OH we want to go for New Year......
    I do not make mistakes, I learn lessons.
    I work to live, not live to work.
    I love to live & live to love.
    Good enough is exactly that.
  • nomorehandbags
    Options
    hiya lurker thanks for that!
    I had a bad day yesterday moneywise - withdrew cash for meal which was fine but ended up buying a cardigan from zara and t-shirt in the Oasis sale for £8 - i didn't go over budget for meal but could have paid off debt with it so am mad with myself.....plus just been into marks ans spencer and spent £30 on bras and my lunch.

I've been a bad girl today and really cross with myself - so this is what i plan:

Saturday - gym - no shop temptation or go in with my mum and enough to buy a coffee (have a free coffee voucher from nero) and don't take purse - out on Saturday night but i'm not paying as treat for someones birthday

Sunday - no shops - washing car and gym.

I have £20 in my purse and going to try and get to next friday without spending anymore.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport