IVA Completion Certificate

Options
Jessy07
Jessy07 Posts: 38 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
When should you receive your IVA Completion Certificate? Our last payment was taken May 2017. There was no equity to release from our property. We were told we would have to wait 1 year?

Comments

• PrettyKittyKat
    PrettyKittyKat Posts: 1,270 Forumite
    Options
    I think they 'should' be sent within 6 months. They tend to be the least priority of all reports, in my experience. Waiting a year is excessive and unfair! Have they said why it would take a year? Is there PPI being investigated maybe?

If everything is done (payments, equity release check and extension if required, ppi investigations if done, all income reviews) then it isn't difficult for them to do the completion report.
  • Jessy07
    Jessy07 Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That's what they told my husband. I'm just so confused! Should we of had it by now?
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,879 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Jessy07 wrote: »
    That's what they told my husband. I'm just so confused! Should we of had it by now?

I waited 14 months for mine, due to a non existent PPI claim, they thought there may of been.

Don`t worry, it does not change anything, you are still discharged from all liability, when it eventually does arrive, you will be underwhelmed, trust me, its usually a single side of A4 paper, with your name on it, and about 10 words to say you've completed your IVA.

Very grand indeed lol, not !!!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Jessy07
    Options
    We now have received completion certificate. I have been checking my credit score and just would like to know does the IVA show on your credit score? I cant see it any where!
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 16 September 2018 at 6:25PM
    Options
    We now have received completion certificate. I have been checking my credit score and just would like to know does the IVA show on your credit score? I cant see it any where!
    Do you mean, when does the IVA completion get marked on your credit file? If so, I *think* there will sometimes be a delay of 1-2 months from receiving your certificate, to when your credit files get updated.

Keep checking your credit files to ensure all date is being correctly reported.

Have a look at the DebtCamel article for more information:
    https://debtcamel.co.uk/repair-credit-record-iva/
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • Craig1981
    Options

i completed February 2016, certificate received March 2016, and IVA was removed around 2 months after its 6th year on file

IVA marker will remain for 6 years from the start of the IVA, then it will drop off.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure