PPI outcome confusion, any advice in this minefield will be great!

Options
I recently had ‘The PPI Team’ contact me as they advised I could be owed some money. I accepted and followed on with the process, after a quick phone call I was advised to fill in some quick pre-filed forms and leave the rest to them. A month later after little contact from them, I was duly sent 4 successful financial reclaim invoices and was told to pay a high 39% service charge for each separate case. I hadn’t recieved any pre service costs, consumer information, what rights I had or an offer of acceptance prior to the claims - only the services rendered costs and what was left to me. I complained to them after advice from the Financial Ombudsman and they got back to me admitting complete fault giving a reduced to 20% (plus VAT) rate. Is this an acceptable outcome as my rights prior to the service were compromised by poor customer information including costs?? Or would you advise me taking this further? I haven’t got a clue where I stand and what my rights are.

Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I hadn’t recieved any pre service costs, consumer information, what rights I had or an offer of acceptance prior to the claims
    Why on earth did you agree to employ them without knowing how much it would cost?:eek:

The Ombudsman has already seen to it that you only paid the capped maximum 20% of your redress, so I can't see how (or to whom) you'd take this further...
  • Bermonia
    Options
    The simple fact is they have acted on your behalf as instructed by you and you have benefited financially - as a result you owe them for the ‘work’ they have done (which you could have easily done yourself)
  • ReigerRiley
    Options
    No no when they contacted us at first saying they felt a financial gain was possible, it was at that point they were supposed to send us information on those particulars prior to accepting any offer or any services! The PPI Team took basic infor then just went off and worked on the case. Nothing was legally agreed at all so I hadn’t instructed them. I wrote that in the thread you’ve replied to and just because they’ve offered a financial gain that doesn’t mean it’s right. They broke the financial code of conduct of the law and as such are in breach of my personal rights. So my question was is that an acceptable offer?! Considering it can already be achieved at a lower price
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Nothing was legally agreed at all so I hadn’t instructed them. I wrote that in the thread you’ve replied to
    Ask them to provide a contract/Letter Of Authority signed by you.

If they cannot do this, then clearly you owe them nothing. BUT you clearly state that you "agreed" and sent back the forms they sent you.

I imagine that's why the Ombudsman advised as they did?
  • ReigerRiley
    Options
    Thansn for your input and info
  • Bermonia
    Options
    We’ll good luck to you, you apparently already have all the answers you need... not sure why you bothered to post at all?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure