Dog chewed my passport

Options

Comments

• bradders1983
    bradders1983 Posts: 5,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    B4rlogas wrote: »
    Sorry I didn’t notice the red, when is they scan the bottom as I’m already checked not got to go to the check in desk

There is a likelihood once you get to the other end, you wont be allowed into Spain with it.

Thats assuming you are even let on the plane when the staff look at your passport at the boarding gate. As said, you may as well try as its far too late now to get a new one for later today, but prepare to be disappointed. Airlines arent in the habit of letting people board the plane who are likely to be turned back as I believe they end up being fined.
  • Credit_Struggle
    Options
    They do sameday passport replacements I’ve had one before, costs a lot though for what it is
  • bradders1983
    Options
    They do sameday passport replacements I’ve had one before, costs a lot though for what it is

He flies today, flight is either 1415 or 1745 judging by the Ryanair app, probably no chance he is able to book an appointment now for today and get from Peterborough (?) to the airport in time.
  • B4rlogas
    B4rlogas Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    I fly tomorrow but it’s only next day for a passport renewal, lost and damaged passports are 7 days quick track, an emergency passport is only if your out of the uk,
  • bradders1983
    Options
    Ah for some reason I thought this thread was started yesterday.

You may just have to try your luck at the airport then.
  • B4rlogas
    B4rlogas Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    That’s all I can do is try when I get there, could anybody post the picture for me if I email it to them?
  • bradders1983
    edited 17 July 2019 at 10:07AM
    Options
    That’s all I can do is try when I get there, could anybody post the picture for me if I email it to them?

Go to imgur.com and upload it there, and then send me a PM with the link to it and I can post it for you.

Then again you may not be able to PM a link either.
  • bradders1983
    Options
    Oh I have been sent a link but it is a dead link so I await another one.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Op post the link here but change http to hxxp. It should allow you to post.
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,574 Forumite
    Options
    Every page has been chewed slightly on the bottom corner, the last 2 digits are missing after all the arrows on the bottom strip if that makes sense, it’s the new biometric passport with 2 photos so there’s no film over the photo as they are printed
    So 'chewed slightly', but missing digits on the strip. Hopefully no actual paper material is lost.

Spanish immigration uses modern terminals that read the RFID so as long as that is still working the corrupted strip should not be so major.

But first you have to get through the Ryanair boarding gate, you will depend on their judgement, whoever is senior enough to decide, who will probably and understandably err on the side of caution. On the other hand, you might just pass with little or no comment.

I've had a passport renewed in two hours, but you need a really good reason for showing up at the office without an appointment, otherwise forget it.

It might be worth clamping it tightly between solid flat objects overnight, if that would mitigate the distortion, but maybe better to just have a photo of Frankie on your phone to display as explanation, along with an innocent smile...

Good luck and let us know how it goes. At least Frankie will be pleased to see you back so soon if the gate staff block you, which was of course his intention...
    Evolution, not revolution
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport