Clearscore vs TransUnion

Options
So Clearscore which gets my info from Equifax scores me at 432/700 and MoneySupermarket Credit Monitor which gets my info from TransUnion scores me at 539/710.

They both have the exact same information so why would clearscore increase my score from last month by 34 points but TransUnion decrease my score by 19 points from last month.

No payments or anything have been missed. I've read that scores are pretty worthless so I'm asking out of curiosity more than anything else

Comments

• Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    edited 30 October 2019 at 5:14PM
    Options
    Who knows? These credit scores are a marketing tool used by the CRA's to expose you to their advertising, are not seen by lenders and have no meaning in the real world. You are the only person who sees them and if they have got you bothered to the extent that you found it necessary to make this post then they have served their purpose. No doubt you will check back again next month for the next instalment of the credit score saga to be once again exposed to their advertising.The only thing that is of any importance is the information contained in your credit files.
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Matty36 wrote: »
    So Clearscore which gets my info from Equifax scores me at 432/700 and MoneySupermarket Credit Monitor which gets my info from TransUnion scores me at 539/710.

They both have the exact same information so why would clearscore increase my score from last month by 34 points but TransUnion decrease my score by 19 points from last month.

No payments or anything have been missed. I've read that scores are pretty worthless so I'm asking out of curiosity more than anything else

Ignore the worthless made up paranoia number. Pay your bills, make sure the data showing is accurate and enjoy your days.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Neither is correct. Or wrong. Or anything for that matter.
  • gionnetto
    gionnetto Posts: 234 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Matty36 wrote: »

See, scores are a weighted assessment of the information they have on you. The two agencies weight the same information in different ways. If they all weighted that information in the same way, there wouldn't be multiple CRAs.
    Your cholesterol levels are not seen, or used, by your heart and arteries, so ignore it.
    :eek:.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The different weighting isn't the reason for there being more than one CRA, because that's not their function.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure