Money Saving Mojo 2

Options

Comments

• a_silver_lining
    Options
    Well... oh well for plans. I decided I would buy seed compost and use up some old seed rather then buy vegetable plants annnd then bought a few gardening bits. I had been holding off buying cat food for a day I spent, so did that today also and then did a mini shop so I have no planned spending until next week Thursday.

Necessary Spends:
    £14.99 Cat. Cat biscuits Amazon
    £6.99 Gifts. A book for sister in laws first baby Amazon
    £6.39 Garden. 2kg Plant food Amazon (actually really pleased with this price as searched loads)
    £7.20 Making Money. posting two Ebay items (I have one more item at 3.60 to post next week)
    £2.80 laundrette.
    £3.29 Food Shopping.

Unnecessary Spends:
    £1.04 Gifts. Biscuits for workmates tomorrow as working bank holiday.
    £9.99 Garden. Magnolia stellata.
    £1.11 Garden. A sweet pepper I don't have the seeds for.
    £0.80 Garden. Sweetcorn seeds. One of the few veg I don't have old seed for. I went for the cheapest seeds, rather then F1.
    £4.80 Garden. Seed compost for planting seeds. I'd actually put this as necessary.

Total £59.40 /250
    NSD 2/3 since payday
    19/12/14: Spent 10 years of savings!!
    :heart2: ..... to buy my first home. :heart2:
    11K OP 31.03.19

Current goal: €151,000 deposit Ireland and counting, to buy Spring 2022 we hope!
  • a_silver_lining
    Options
    Unnessesary spends:
    £5 Easter egg - half price but still...

Total: £64.40 / £250
    NSD: 3 / 5 since payday
    11K OP 31.03.19

Current goal: €151,000 deposit Ireland and counting, to buy Spring 2022 we hope!
  • a_silver_lining
    a_silver_lining Posts: 535 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 4 April 2018 at 8:42PM
    Options
    Unnecessary spends:
    £4.90 on coffee for people at work. I'm determined to not buy any more coffees after this as two of the people I keep buying for aren't buying back, so it's getting a bit too uneven.

£10 Work lottery

Necessary spends:
    1.56 loaf of bread for scrambled eggs on toast tonight and breakfasts for the week.

Total:
    80.89 / 250
    NSD 3/6 since payday

Upcoming spends:
    3.90 postage making money. Two sales so upped to 7.80
    60? Cat boosters Cost 90 as flee treatment also bought, on the plus side I need to visit once less this year
    4.60 bus to see friend on Thursday She's visiting here, so money saved
    10? Coffee and cake with friend Thursday Ditto above.
    50? Partners friends visiting
    Possible: 128.50 - so possibly only £50 left of budget

Determined to have no spends now until Thursday!
    11K OP 31.03.19

• a_silver_lining
    edited 5 April 2018 at 8:52PM
    Options
    Such a beautiful sunny day, and a day off to boot.

My friend cancelled today and moved it to Saturday, so after a lay in and bit of time sitting in the sunshine in bed eating s healthy breakfast smoothie I'm ready to get busy:

To do list
    Send £90 to partner for cat vet visit First job done!
    2 x washes hung outside to dry 2nd job done!
    tidy up front garden - this will be a big job Loads done in the back garden, front half done
    Put out recylcing Done.
    Sow seeds - trays re washed and full of sol, labels written, jut need to pop them in
    Post 2 x ebay parcels Done.
    Attack understairs cuboard - it's one of the last areas to be sorted through for sales
    Attack dvd drawer as have £60 worth of games to trade in and may do the same with dvds as I watch everything online now
    Study?
    Iron shirts for the working week - I'm trying to set up a morning routine whilst partner is away so planning on a slightly earlier alarm clock, no snooze and morning study.

In evening
    go to the gym Done, though a short visit.
    clean oven
    List items on ebay as all my sales have ended unsold. put some bits in charity shop bags to go on Tuesdsy

Spends
    Necessary:
    £90 cat vet
    7.20 postage ebay
    13.34 food shopping

Unnecessary:
    £20 into lottery account
    4.99 magazine

217.12 /250
    10 days since payday... 21 to the next
    Still due to do more food shopping, although I am working my way through the freezer for the next 5 days my partner is away
    10? Friend coming over, although I may buy a cheap co-op pizza and use up the potato wedges in the freezer to cut this down. I could make popcorn too out of the cupboard stores... Bought a cheapish pizza and dip so saved a bit here
    Dad birthday prezzie - realised it is at the end of the month, so will have a think
    Partners friends visiting. Still anticipating £50
    .... hmm
    11K OP 31.03.19

• a_silver_lining
    Options
    Unnecessary spends:
    19.99 50% off anything work voucher so bought a tree. It was already cheaper when I reached the till, so more saved
    4.99 Easter egg from work. Totally unnecessary.
    242.10 / 250

Spending review
    £104.99 Cat. Annual jabs, flee an wormer and a stock up of cat food.
    £43.08 Garden. Plants...
    £30 Lottery. £10 work and the rest is on my ap.
    £18.22 Food. Top up veg as using up cupboard stores.
    £15.10 Postage making money. Technically covered by earnings.
    £14.98 Stuff for me. Mostly two Easter eggs.
    £8.03 Gifts.
    £4.90 Eating out. This is at least one better category.
    £2.80 Laundry.

On a positive I spent two hours tidying the house last night for a friend visiting. Took some pictures for ebay. I also sowed my seeds. Annnd I ironed all my work shirts.
    11K OP 31.03.19

• a_silver_lining
    Options
    Unnecessary Spends
    £1.50 work panini
    £19.18 More plants...

262.78 / 250 and 17 days to payday
    Planned spends:
    Still have partners friends visiting in a few weeks
    Still have food to buy, although still have loads to eat through in freezer

Income:
    Still haven't listed eBay items
    Still haven't cashed in DVDs and games
    11K OP 31.03.19

• a_silver_lining
    Options
    Mini update. £250 moved into regular saver so £4750 / 10k debt paid (3k paid directly and 1750 in saving account).

Budget blown again this month, so I think I know now that 350pm debt payments and 300pm savings is not going to work long term for me. I'm going to see if I can adjust how much I move into my savings account based on how much money I have left over by the end of the month.

On the plus side there are no big plans for the next three months, so I may be able to improve my situation. Will check in after payday and my next payments.
    11K OP 31.03.19

• a_silver_lining
    edited 29 April 2018 at 1:48PM
    Options
    Payday and my wage has increased by £500pa, so about £30pm after tax.

£300 paid towards my house moving savings, so now at £1200.
    £100 paid to family member towards debt, so now £3100 paid directly, and £4850 if you include my £1750 savings account earmarked for debt payment.

My £250 regular saver doesn't come out until the end of the month due to direct debit timing, but comes out of the pay I just received, so this month I will officially hit 50% debt paid. I've calculated that at £350pm it will then be 14 paydays exactly if I continue paying at this rate. So DFD of June payday 2019.

-

Recovering from the weekend visit of my partners friends. I spent under £50 I think, which is good. £53 paid towards my next set of exams also.
    11K OP 31.03.19

• a_silver_lining
    Options
    2nd NSD since payday, so 2/4. Definitely harder at work. The perils of working with your hobby I suppose. Ate lunch I brought in and no treats, so that's good.

Tomorrow is my course, so will be a single bus fare. I need shampoo and glue to fix my work boots, but no other spends. I'm going to look up cheaper shampoo as I buy from Lush normally.
    11K OP 31.03.19

• a_silver_lining
    edited 1 May 2018 at 4:46PM
    Options
    Today is not yet done, but I'm on my way to my course and will not be spending any more money. I have to pay travel, but as that is a necessity I will record today as a NSD 3/5.

I resisted again with buying things at work, and have enough food to get to my course. No takeaway tonight!

I've also realised that despite being more active at work I am a little bigger round the middle. I'm less tired so I am going to suggest to my partner we start gyming it a little.

-

I also looked up shampoo and reviews and found a cheap cheap version I can try as a once a week wash in my hair to reduce orange tones. I can then use a cheap shampoo alongside it and see if that works out better then Lush. Bonus is the cheapest place to buy is Amazon and I have money on there from a voucher so will not be a spend when I do
    11K OP 31.03.19

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure