How much to write for a PIP Mandatory Review?

Options
We are almost ready to submit our MR claim, we’ve a rough draft of the points we want to challenge made, we are just waiting on the AR and the SAR to check or add more specific detail. That said, we are not to sure how much to submit: should it be brief, to the point and challenging. Or should it be like we submitted in the original PIP2 application. We’re thinking brief here is an example of what we are thinking of putting forward. Might change when we get the AR and/or SAR. Is it to brief, do we need to say more? Condition Bipolar 1
I have been awarded 2 points for the problems of dressing and undressing as the HP said that ‘you either need another person to tell you to get dressed or undressed, how to do it or when to keep your clothes on, or that you need prompting or assistance to select appropriate clothing.

However I believe I should have been awarded 4 points for descriptor 6e as explained in my PIP2 application from about 7 onwards in the evening I begin to loose energy very quickly. The prescribed medication which I have to take at night leaves me dopey until about 11 o’clock the next day. That is a disruptive amount of time and as is stated in your guidance ‘if a descriptor applies at any point during a 24 hour period it is considered to apply for the entire day.’ On the vast majority of days I’m that dopey that I don’t get properly dressed until about 11 am. Quite frequently that might run into early afternoon.

Also due to my ongoing bipolar depressive state quite often I will just tumble into bed with the clothes that I’ve worn all day and will not bother changing the following morning or even the following day.

Another issue we’re worried about is the quoting (or misquoting) of regulations as it could look that we’ve taken the descriptor and written to them. Would someone in a state of depression have the concentration or energy to write the above?

We just need that extra point to take us into HRC !

Kevin

Please feel free to PM me on this issue

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills