Advice please

Options
I tried unsuccessfully to reclaim PPI on an old egg card that got transferred over to barclaycard. I used a management company but after I was unsuccessful I forgot about it until I read about the Plevin case and I claimed again but myself this time using a template letter on here I was successful and got awarded £2k but barclaycard sent cheque to fast track and they are obviously taking 40% but I only used then for ppi not Plevin can I get them to send me cheque for full amount ?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    daylad wrote: »
    I only used then for ppi not Plevin

Plevin only relates to PPI, nothing else.
  • daylad
    daylad Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Reclaiming PPI was because it was mis sold Plevin is commission on the ppi
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 12 February 2018 at 9:13PM
    Options
    The claims company should not be deducting anything from your money in respect of Plevin unless it was part of a continuous process.

examples:
    1 - if you complained, were rejected and immediately received a plevin payment then the CMC should be paid.
    2 - if you complained, were rejected but the CMC said to hold on as a new option called Plevin was coming and you may get something on that, then the CMC should be paid.
    3 - If you complained and were rejected and that was the end of it and the CMC took no further action, then they should not be paid.
    4 - If you complained and were rejected and that was the end of it but more than 6 months later the CMC contacted you about plevin and you entered into a new contract with them, then they should be paid.

If the CMC take a cut then you should complain to the CMC and if they still refuse you should refer your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman. Feel free to mention section 3 on the link below.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/claims-management-companies-plevin-guidance/plevin-guidance-for-claims-management-companies

Look at section 3. If they failed to obtain new instructions then they are acting incorrectly. Back in 2014, the Ministry of Justice warned CMCs that taken money against future payments could be considered fraud.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • sun73
    sun73 Posts: 498 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have they upheld your complaint just on the Plevin aspect because FOS informed me that PPI and Plevin (commission only) complaints are mutually exclusive?

They said if your PPI complaint was rejected and you later submit a Plevin only complaint, then it is a separate issue.

It sounds like you might not have to pay the CMC, unless there is something in the contract you signed, because they only complained on your behalf about the PPI not Plevin. Read the small print.

Perhaps some of the experts on here can provide more clarity, I'm only repeating what FOS said when I asked the question about this subject.
  • daylad
    daylad Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thank you all I'll get onto them again in morning
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts