Boots Sale

Options

Comments

• madflower
    Options
    hotbern wrote: »
    I actually thought I'd try out the Zoella candle and diffuser set as I found it under the clearance section in Cardiff for £5 rather than upstairs in the 70% off sale bit.
    I'm so glad I took a punt on it, not only has the diffuser made made my house smell lovely, the candle blows out without tons of smoke!
    If you see one, get one :T

They had about 10 of these in the Cribbs Causeway Bristol branch tonight but they were reduced to £10 so I didn't bother. Agree they smelt nice though.
  • Storck
    Storck Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Africat wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if it wasn't this Friday but hey; I don't claim to be an expert...
    My local had found a few bits and bobs to add to all the Fabletics, Lucy M and Zoella calendars they had left; Krispy Crème pencil cases and one or two other bits have surfaced but still nothing really worth having.

Not heard anything about it being tomorrow, so I would suggest next Tuesday. But it is only a suggestion but as stores haven’t been told it is tomorrow then Tuesday is the next obvious day.
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No gift sale stock at all in 2 stores that I've visited this week!
    Just purchased a few hair colours for £1.59 each reduced fron £5.99 that are mentioned on the other thread.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • Africat
    Africat Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tbh with what's left I won't be going out of my way for it as nothing left I would pay 90% off for.
    I picked up a few bits in M&S at 90% off last night so pretty happy with that.
    Had some good bargains overall in the sales this year :D
  • catswiththumbs
    Options
    I've just had an email from Boots and it included the following

"PS Sorry, you may experience some downtime on boots.com from 9pm on Saturday. Just wanted to let you know so you don't miss out"

What could be happening on Saturday night????
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Popped into my local today - still Fabletics and Lucy M stuff, Jamie Oliver mugs and about 8 Zoella calendars have resurfaced (I suspect they have them in the stock room but not enough Clearance space to display them all at once) Still 70% off.

Was wondering, how does a 12 days of Xmas calendar work - do you open a window every other day before xmas like a 1/2 advent calendar, or one every day from Christmas til 6th Jan?
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• anamenottaken
    Options
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    Popped into my local today - still Fabletics and Lucy M stuff, Jamie Oliver mugs and about 8 Zoella calendars have resurfaced (I suspect they have them in the stock room but not enough Clearance space to display them all at once) Still 70% off.

Was wondering, how does a 12 days of Xmas calendar work - do you open a window every other day before xmas like a 1/2 advent calendar, or one every day from Christmas til 6th Jan?

There are twelve days of Christmas - that is days following Christmas. The period before Christmas is called Advent and that is why those 24/25-day ones are called Advent Calendars.

So I imagine that the 12 days of Christmas calendars are meant to be given as Christmas presents and "windows" opened one a day from then on.

That takes you up to Epiphany, when the wise men arrived with their three gifts. That's the end of Christmas.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options

That takes you up to Epiphany, when the wise men arrived with their three gifts. That's the end of Christmas.

Or in this case the Epiphany being the calendar was a total rip off :rotfl:
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• SJay25
    Options
    Storck wrote: »
    Not heard anything about it being tomorrow, so I would suggest next Tuesday. But it is only a suggestion but as stores haven’t been told it is tomorrow then Tuesday is the next obvious day.

Hi, do you mind me asking why Tuesday? Wednesday is usually offer promotion day isn't it? Thanks :)
  • Storck
    Storck Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    SJay25 wrote: »
    Hi, do you mind me asking why Tuesday? Wednesday is usually offer promotion day isn't it? Thanks :)

Just so that stores can be told on the Monday. Monday is out as they would need to know before the weekend.

It is just guessing until something is announced
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure