Royal Mail 2nd class

Options
Most of my post goes by Royal Mail 2nd class as Letters or Large Letters but recently I am getting Item Not Received claims or late delivery defects as they are not arriving within the EBay forecast

Some items seem to be taking 8 days to arrive. Is anyone else noticing this ?
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,272 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Most of my post goes by Royal Mail 2nd class as Letters or Large Letters but recently I am getting Item Not Received claims or late delivery defects as they are not arriving within the EBay forecast

I hit a bad patch a couple of months back, I had a one day dispatch on and often sent same day and I was still getting 'where is my item' emails. When the metrics changed for the TRS discount I decided enough was enough, instead of jumping through the hoops for a discount I have gone to a 2 day dispatch, still send same or next day and have given myself some breathing room. I've also cut back on the number of items I'm prepared to send to the USA as I was getting INRs from there after just a few days.

I'm also conscious of the fact that it appears INR and SNAD claims *may* be used against us again next year (this is being discussed at length on other forums) and decided I didn't need that hassle as well.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,222 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What proportion of the items you are sending are being delivered late? Maybe it would be worth quoting two day dispatch as soolin suggests while still posting as soon as you can to give yourself an extra day.
  • Joan_number_1_2
    Options
    Since our local sorting office closed it commonly takes 8 days or more for anything other than letters posted 2nd Class to arrive, though strangely First (as in Amazon next day etc.) are usually no problem.
    For some reason 2nd Class packets & parcels often get sent to the wrong sorting office and this is what delays delivery.
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options

How do you send them?
    Are they collected, do you drop them off at a sorting office or post box?

Last time I had a problem I switched where I was dropping them off for a while.
  • ballisticbrian
    Options
    You were getting a faster service somewhere else?

With franked mail I started getting letters saying I was posting mail on the wrong day. The PO assured me it was being collected the same day so the mind boggles as to where the post man collecting this was sitting on it somewhere!!!
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    RFW wrote: »
    How do you send them?
    Are they collected, do you drop them off at a sorting office or post box?

I drop them at my local sorting office. It doesn't make sense, most of my feedback says fast delivery but recently I have been getting "where is my item" messages so something is going on. Got eBay to close an INR case today as buyer confirmed she had received today an item that was posted on Monday.
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • emmbrook
    emmbrook Posts: 186 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I’ve not had any issues with most of my second class arriving next day whether I post at home or in London. Sometimes two days but not often. Presumably a local issue with your sorting office rather than a wider problem, not that that helps you!
  • Brywalker
    Brywalker Posts: 319 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    emmbrook wrote: »
    I’ve not had any issues with most of my second class arriving next day whether I post at home or in London. Sometimes two days but not often. Presumably a local issue with your sorting office rather than a wider problem, not that that helps you!

Same here. No problems at all Royal Mail deliveries.
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    emmbrook wrote: »

Same here. For the last few months I have found second class to be really speedy. I posted lots of parcels last Monday afternoon and they all arrived Tuesday morning!

I have two-day dispatch on my account even though I usually post straight away. I like to have a bit of breathing room.
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I drop them at my local sorting office. It doesn't make sense, most of my feedback says fast delivery but recently I have been getting "where is my item" messages so something is going on. Got eBay to close an INR case today as buyer confirmed she had received today an item that was posted on Monday.
    Have you got another one near by?
    I don't send much volume by RM any more but when I did my most local sorting office had taken against my post, it went from next day delivery to 5-7 day delivery for second class. Before anyone suggests it was paranoia on my part I had it on relatively good authority that my post was being left on one side.

I then started taking it to another sorting office which was an extra 20 minutes away. That then went ok.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure