money mule help

Options

Comments

• twizzzt
    twizzzt Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    twizzzt wrote: »
    Again, this has already come to the bank's attention. It won't end here. Your family will find out. Better that they find out from you than when the police come knocking on the door.

Could you email a link to this thread to someone you trust? Just say "This is me" or something similar. Would that be easier than telling them face to face?
    Thanks for the advice i was thinking of showing the thread as an easier way of managing to tell someone[/QUOTE]
    Yes im really stuck I don’t even know what to say to the police or bank
  • SpiraliS
    SpiraliS Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    twizzzt, above all, take positive action now:

Tell the police, and tell your parents immediately and let them both help you - because they will, trust me :)

Spin it around - if you were a dad and your son just told you he made this silly mistake, you would still go out of your way to help him no matter what.

Do it now and take action, and you'll sleep so much better tonight.
    June 2018 diary:
    Debt: £13,169.83 (all on 0% CC til Sept 2018, repaying £500 a month)
    Mortgage: £191,000 (on Repayment, 5-yr fix @ 2.39%)

Savings: £12,300 in various accounts @ between 1-5%, milking until August when will pay off CC
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    However much we want to help - we can't because we don't know you and we don't know where you are.

As far as I am concerned I find that very frustrating 'cos if I knew you I'd be saying "Look, let's go to the bank and sort it out, or we'll phone the local police and ask them to visit."

Crooks have you where they want you- believing all their nonsense.

You don't know what to say? Yes, you do:
    Just say I've done something stupid and this has what happened........and I'm worried sick......
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £86 spent!!!
  • twizzzt
    Options
    update I am still a nervous a wreck and santander has now chosen to close my account
  • msallen
    msallen Posts: 1,494 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We've all told you what to do, and the sooner you do it the better.
  • twizzzt
    Options
    msallen wrote: »
    We've all told you what to do, and the sooner you do it the better.
    thank you I have decided to go to HSBC today and come clean to them
  • societys_child
    Options
    So you've not been to the police then?

I'm sorry but I have doubts about this thread.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well, I have doubts too but I'd rather err on the safe side........
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £86 spent!!!
  • Shakin_Steve
    Shakin_Steve Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Yes. I'd rather look like a bit of a fool pandering to a troll, than to dismiss a genuine poster in trouble as a troll.
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I hope you have contacted the police and your bank, its better that you tell them that you are the innocent party in this even though you have made a mistake.

This sadly is becoming more common and I see/hear of this happening too often.

You cant change the past but you can at least try to change your future. Only you can make this choice, you have been given some help and advice even though you feel like you have no where to turn, you do but only you can make this decision.

This forum is great for getting advice and answered but ultimately its down to you.

Speak to the police, you have a chance to make things easier and if you dont make this step, you are probably going to look like you are complicit in the fraud and you will probably end up in a worse position. You could have a lot to gain but only you can make this decision. What have you got to lose?

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing